Who are the best pilots and any tips on flying.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BigIronRanger, Sep 28, 2013.

1. IamDH

Its thin from a frontal position.
    It has the best brakes (and roll i believe?)
    It is the easiest to handle (not maneuver.. handle). I am aware this is useless in dogfighting most of the time

Before the recent rotary changes, scythe used to be my favorite plane
  2. John_Aitc

I don't know if "Who are the best pilots" is nearly as important as "Who is willing to teach". If you have been watching the daily community events, it seems like every top tiered outfit is willing to train you if you are willing to join. I'll bet every Faction on every server has an Outfit that is focused on air combat and would like to add another Pilot to their group.
  3. LGhost1904

I just tried this and still had to wait for a tick as it starts you with 200 aircraft resources, 50 short.
  4. SafetyDance

I like how you didn't name a single good tr pilot.
  5. HooWoo

Who is good then? because they're good pilots.
  6. ThundaHawkPS

I think you used to get 250/250/250 resource as a BR1 because I seem to recall it working before. Maybe not after the resource cost increase. It's not as good to remake a BR1 to train now but still sort of viable depending on resource timing.

7. SafetyDance

I tend to remember the ones I don't shoot down with less than 3 rounds and the ones that keep on trying to shoot us down. The 3 you named are neither. My pilot tells me 1508AD is a horrible pilot.
    When it comes to briggs tr the first two that come to mind are probably Shinigamiflaute or however that nick is spelled and JamesEd, the latter being the better one as far as I remember, though I haven't seen him in a while. These two actually gave me trouble in the past. There's also a couple of smurfs, though I don't think their main char is on tr, so they don't really count.
    vs is a far bigger threat in the air, considering they have dotbig and ddos, who can both single-handedly take out entire air squads, though both have a lot of trouble when they're under fire from me. bigdot is also far superior to ddos and ddos hasn't been online in a while, I think.
    I can't really say much about nc since I have no alts. Of course I haven't named good lib crews since that is besides the point in an esf thread.
  8. HooWoo

bigdot is average at best, look at his stats, I've killed him joint 1st and I have no trouble against him
    dotbig I've killed him joint 2nd the most times and yet again he is pretty average

The only people I have trouble with are KaloX, Wenz, Pixelss, Thomascat and a few other Vanu pilots.

KaloX in general just dominates me.
  9. SafetyDance

I have seen dotbig dodge dalton rounds until he ran out of ammo and had to resupply. I have seen him fly against 4 mosquitoes with his nc alt without support, taking them all out, barely taking any damage. When he's around his survivability is pretty impressive, even considering we've given up engaging each other. In my experience he is a very careful pilot that is only taken out if he messes up badly.
    KaloX and Pixelss are nc, the other two I don't remember.
  10. HooWoo

So then why have I killed him 7 times on both of his accounts in the air and he's only killed me once?
  11. SafetyDance

Why should I know? My guess is as good as yours.
  12. HooWoo

It's because he's average and not very good.
  13. SafetyDance

Certainly not, as I have elaborated earlier.
    'I have not witnessed event xy, therefore xy does not exist.' is not a valid counter argument to 'I have witnessed event xy.'.
    This discussion has reached a level of stupidity I am not willing to endorse by continuing it.
  14. LlamagoMmmm

Zerg steals all the air kills around, so i usually move deep into enemy territory, just wit the reavers ammo, i have quite a few trips to make xD
  15. LlamagoMmmm

I find reaver the most fun to fly, and i guess, the most chalanging, so i stick with it ^^
  16. LlamagoMmmm

Pancake
  17. Luighseach

If you play on Waterson then you know what it is like to get destroyed in the air. The longest I have lasted in a dogfight was about 2 minutes and that was very tough. Waterson is so full of ESF sniping Daltons, Elite aces, and A2AM users that it has become a death zone for any pilot that can not maneuver.
  18. Vephex

I'd rather have some more Liberator pilots who don't bump against trees and don't 'escape' from gunfire towards an enemy base full of A2AM's and active AA turrents.
  19. Total_Overkill

A What?
  20. HLM

Torrents?