White screen flicker bug?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by SKYeXile, Nov 21, 2012.

1. SKYeXile

I didnt think the blackout bug could get any worse, but this is it, its horrible make it stop. not sure what causes it bu random your screen just starts to flicker and basically only hud elements show up.
  2. Raines

I exited and relogged in... well I would have except I'm stuck at the character screen
  3. SKYeXile

same
  4. Liuke

today i played big battle at bio lab and for first time so far my screen started to flash in white. that was really not cool
  5. marticusb

I have experienced the same thing. Playing just fine for about 2 hours and then I started to get a white flicker. In detail the screen flashed between normal and a white screen whenever I moved the mouse, tried a few different graphics settings but nothing seemed to help, so I logged out. This is the first time I've experienced this issue and will record it should I be able to replicate.
  6. Ian_M

It is a nasty bug. I get it a lot.
    I wish soe would do something or give some info on fixing it.
  7. Morgante

Same bug. It's been around since beta. I've /bug reported it a couple of times. My drivers are up to date. Every time it happens, it's followed by killer lag (1 frame per 10 seconds), then often the game will crash to desktop.

When it happens to you, just quit the game restart. I've found no other fix. It really sucks when you've just pulled something with a timer.
  8. Kanzy

Same thing happens to me and yes only restarting the game will fix it, not even re logging to character selection.
  9. Hashish

got this for the first time tonight.. flickering then i respawn and nothing is rendering.. wtf
  10. Coffinfeeder

I got something very similar. Basically, anything that wasn't the sky would disappear with only hud elements showing up. It was tied to my mouse moving tho. If I move the mouse very slowly, everything would quickly alternate between appearing and disappearing. if I left the mouse in one position, the effect would stop. Same fore front/back/side/turn movements.

I'd only get it after a good while of playing, so I attributed it to heat or a memory leak. Guess I'm not alone here, so I doubt it's heat.