[Whining Thread] Flight = Garbage

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by nukularZ, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Monkeydmomo

So what are you all suggesting? That we bring BF3 flying? Do endless loops at 300 m/s with the occasional barrel roll until one of you is finally on the other's tail? Or do you want to fly the esf like the helicopters? Let me go ahead and say that neither of these is easy for anybody who's got any spacial awareness. I'd like to also say that flying in any mass combined arms game is a challenging experience, and I don't see any way to dumb it down for anybody. Even with an xbox pc controller, m/k will always win.
  2. Pondera

Flight IS compatible with xbox controller. I have an airflo model and I configured the key bindings to use it when I was just starting out (haven't used it since) but that didn't make it any easier. One could argue "mad cuz bad" with this thread and I will readily admit that is the truth. Once you understand the roles of infantry, it can be extremely enjoyable. With tanks, you could leap into one right of the gate and figure out turning, aiming, firing and spotting with a few hours of trial and error. With aircraft, 10s of hours are required to learn basic piloting (not crashing into stuff), increase that to 100 hours to fight air to ground without crashing or getting sniped by an anti-tank round for flying too low and slow, and 100s more still to grasp the unrealistic tricks of dogfighting (these VTOLs don't stall?)

Surely, even the most pro of pilots can see that there is an imbalance here.