Which Weapons Are Too Far Up The Food Chain?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ManyHats, Oct 17, 2013.

1. ManyHats

I started another thread about my dislike of the over-popularity of Max's, and it caused me to come up with this idea;

I know as an infiltrator, I'm pretty far down 'the food chain'. I am prey for everything, and predator only when I play oh so very well; When playing as a heavy, I only really worry about max's or vehiclespam in the open. The SVA-88 dominates at almost all ranges; and so on and so on;

Which weapons do you think are too far up the food chain, and why?
  2. dstock

G-40F Ranger.

See link in sig.
  3. Pikachu

You mean which weapons should be nerfed?
    • Up x 2
  4. ManyHats

Kinda. What's too effective in too many situations too much of the time? What isn't? The answer is not always "nerf", sometimes it's "buff other", or "add hard counter".
    • Up x 1
  5. SinerAthin

Most of the weapons in this game also come down personal preference as well.

I've seen some people actually perform better when switching from the 'Best' weapon to some other mediocre or worse.
  6. CptFirelord

Ursa, SVA-88, EM6, NC6, Vulcan-H, GD-7F, Orion, T9-Carv S (trololol), A2AM, PPA for Scythe and Swagrider, anything attached to a ZOE MAX.
  7. Wizz

SMG Infiltrator :)
    • Up x 4
  8. Quiiliitiila

Wait? MAX units are over-popular now? What happened to the Heavy Assaults and Medics?

-_- I don't believe you...

Back on topic, I'll be generic and say Strikers and Vulcans. But honestly they only bother me a little, it's gotten to the point that they are a status quo and I go into battle EXPECTING to get killed by them in a vehicle, if I don't I know I'm on borrowed time :p
  9. Liquid23

Beamers with Flashlights hold the very top of the food chain

I hear they one shot Biolabs
    • Up x 11
  10. SinerAthin

Yeah.

I think Vulcans should do a little less damage to vehicles.(it's a fun weapon so I don't want to see it nerfed into uselessness)

Putting ES Main-Battle-Tank weaponry on a transport vehicle was not the wisest decision SOE ever made...
    • Up x 2
  11. Dagonlives

If you mean guns that tend to be the most effective overall:

TR: TAR, MSW-R, Jaguar, T9 Carv
    VS: Orion, SV-88, Serpent, HV-45
    NC: Carnage BR, Anchor, GD-7F, EM6

Of that list the TAR is largely recognized as the strongest assault rifle in the game, and the Orion is considered to be the best LMG/overall weapon in the game.
    • Up x 3
  12. Vixxing

Orion is really crap at 50m> and really good <50m...
  13. Tekuila

Serious fighting doesn't occur over 50 metres without a bolt action anyways.
    • Up x 2
  14. ManyHats

I guess it was kind of a dumb question. It should really have been "what lacks sufficient counters", or "most annoying thing to die to", which does boil down to "disguised nerf requests"....

the thread originated with me noticing that 1/3 of my deaths are "whatever-gun-that-player-was-holding" and the other 2/3's seem to be max's and harassers.
  15. Metal Insomniac

Vulcan, Marauder, Striker (range), ZOE in general, Blueshift, Mercy, and that's all I can think of at the moment.
  16. Ghosty11

The funny thing about the TAR and H-V45 is that they are virtually clones of each other than the fact that the TAR has the standard TR 10 extra rounds, and the H-V45 has less recoil per shot but a higher first shot recoil. If you can use one well picking up the other takes very little adjustment.
  17. Kyouki

Just started using the Carv-S, I love mowing down waves of vanu and nc with 200 rounds. It puts a smile on my face.
  18. ChicoFuerte

Anything that kills me.
  19. Chipay

PPA for Swagrider but not the Marauder on harassers? Lol
  20. BITES

Its true .. I saw one guy two shot a tech plant. No scoped.