which shield?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Nolicense, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Nolicense

hi,
    I'm on the low end of players in this game when it comes to playing and killing the enemy so take that into account with what i am asking.

i am using currently the resist shield lev 3 and honestly i wonder if i should be using the default one since by the time i get it turned on i have no normal shield on and at half health and the resist shield only absorbs some of the damage so i find i am dead before i can actually activate it and fight back,.

Would the default shield be better for me in these circumstances since it will take a couple of hits for me and maybe give the time to fight back or would i be just as dead?

Only time i really turn it on before hand is when i am going into buildings or around them. i really hate the red color since it is like a target on me . i wish TR had a different color than red since the blue and green doesnt scream out as much.

I know the resist shield is best when you have it turned on at full health/shield but i am ambushed a lot and find it almost useless in those situations. i don't know if it is lag or what but it doesnt turn on fast enough.
  2. Akashar

Use the default shield, maxed, it is really superior. It won't save your life when you are ambushed and totally outnumbered, but it will always give you an edge in 1v1, by keeping your other shield and health intact, so you can avoid waiting for them to regenerate. It can save you when you take that final bullet before reaching cover, etc. I only use it and it is really by far better I think.
  3. KnightCole

Resist Shield rocks far better over the default shield.

The Resist shield lasts at Lv3 like 7 seconds and it wont deplete due to a timer. The Resist shield will block 45% of all damage you take for 7seconds. The NMG will block I think like 500 dmg or something, until it depletes and the very timer bar on the shield, as it goes down, so does your protection...so its at half when you turn it on? thats only 250dmg or so..the Resist is 45% reduction always until it runs out or you turn it off.

I am running Resist 4 right now and im able to do unbelievable things with it. I run in rooms and have at times taken out 2-3 guys and won as well as surviving a point blank MAX before 3 of us NC dropped it.

OP, the Resist shield is a shield that requires you to realize whats happeneing. Its not a good shield to turn on after you been hit much, but overall, its a much nicer shield. The resist you pop on as soon as you get hit or when you hear things hitting near you. Dont wait till your dead to pop it.

NMG is an easy, much less effective general purpose shield
    Resist is a more skilled use, much, much more effective shield.
    Adrenaline is like NMG but it recharges as you kill people.

I personally recommend Resist.

I mean, do the math

If an NC6 is firing at you with no shield, it does 200 dmg pershot, thats you dead in 5-6 shots.
    Turn on resist and that 200 is reduced to 110dmg. Now in that same 1000-1100HP, your time to be killed is pretty much doubled. When VS and TR begin firing at you, its almost a instawin button,.
  4. Nolicense

I understand what your saying about the resist shield but i must have input lag or something since i usually have 1 finger on the f key to turn it on if i get attacked first but by the time it activates i am already usually almost dead or down to half health and get 1-2 shots off before dead.
    I think i am going to try the default and see if it gives me anymore survivability but i don't know if the input lag would cause the same outcome.
    when you at say 100 health and your own internal shield is down that 45% reduction isn't that much.

Got to try both out and see which works best for me i guess.
  5. KnightCole

Yeah, at 100 health the Resist is worthless. The NMG is better in those situations cuz the NMG is like adding an extra 500HP. NMG is easier to use but less effective overall. Good in a pinch, but doesnt not beat out the Resist in protection.

Resist is the shield you use once you learn the game better and are able to see attacks coming and just know how to be a boss. Resist requires as much health as possible to be effective.

And yeah, you die in 2 seconds cuz I guess people are eitehr using aimbots or just aiming for the head. I know I aim for the head more and more now.

And depending on your PC and where you spend your time fighting, its prolly lag. If your in areas where its like more then like 12+ perside, then yeah your lagging really bad. I avoid really laggy spots and spend my time in small squad fights, 10v10 is good.
  6. Crewell

Your choice depends on playstyle and skill. Use the starter if you are casual. Use resist if you run around with organized squads that have medic. Use adrenaline if you are good at killing things fast.
  7. THUGGERNAUT

stick with the resist shield. mathematically it absorbs much more damage than the default shield and is superior in pretty much every way as long as you use it properly. just stay spatially aware to minimize ambushes. make sure to get nanoweave too.

adrenaline shield can be nice if you're feeling bold, but it takes a lot of practice to get the most effective use out of.
  8. Zavex

Nice timing OP, wanted to post a thread like this. Small guestion: does the resist shield slow you down too, like the NMG?
  9. KnightCole

Yes, yes it does slow you down. All shields I think slow you down. Just gotta know how to use it. I know when im running in the open, I pop my shield sporadically, jump around a bit, still going forward, wait to see if someone fires then turn it off. Or else just dont turn it on when in the open and just run to cover...