Which Shield can take the most damage?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by TheBloodEagle, Mar 13, 2013.

1. TheBloodEagle

Theoretically which shield can take the most damage if a bullet does 167 @ 10m?

Maxed

Nanoweave + Nanite Mesh Generator
    Nanoweave + Resist Shield

Is the amount of damage NMG can take before dying out listed somewhere?

Thinking of two combinations for my playstyle, I'm only missing maxed our NMG and Resist. I'd either go with Nano+Resist or ACS+NMG or ACS+Resist. I'd just like to know which may take more hits in one go.
  2. Tawodi

Nanoweave + Resist shield will absorb more total damage. But the caveat being that you'll need to pop it on preemptively to get the most out of it.

You'd get better use out of Adrenaline shield if you've got a good k/d ratio, while it still won't absorb more damage per say than the resist shield or the regular nanite mesh shield if you're getting enough kills technically you'd get more absorb out of it by contintually refilling the shields energy.
    • Up x 1
  3. Novmiech

Tawodi is correct.

The stock NMG is the "base line".
    Both the other shields have the ability to outperform even the Maxed NMG if used under the correct conditions.
    Resist = Turned on while at full health / shields.
    Adrenaline = mowing dudes down as you continue to take damage.

If you fail to use the Resist or Adrenaline under correct conditions they both can perform worse than the NMG.
  4. HolyDiver66

Another question about the shield. Why does it turn the Heavy into a snail? Is there any logic reason my HA gets slowed down when activating the shield? This "feature" isn't even mentioned in the info for the shield
  5. Tawodi

I don't really think there is an official reason for it, or well I've never read an official statement on it anywhere.

But I think it has to do with fact that the class is called heavy 'assault' and they want it used in a more offensive action. If you're on the front line charging in your slight lack of speed due to the shield slow isn't going to hinder you too much in cqc style fights. While on the other hand if you find yourself taking fire from far away it is often better to simply try to find cover instead of popping up the shield, as the slow often results in you simply soaking up more fire than needed and slowing your escape. ie what I am getting at is it seems to be more geared towards the offense and less useful on the defense.

Obviously you could argue it provides you 'defense' in your offensive assaults but whatever you get my point!
  6. TheBloodEagle

I suppose they wanted it to have a second tradeoff aside from glowing vividly because it does give a good edge in combat.

Thanks for the answers guys. I'm at Nanoweave 4 currently, saving up for 5 and then getting Resist. I really hope ASC gets a buff some time in the future though. 2.5 seconds is quiet low but I think ASC would go great with Adrenaline as a combo (if it got a buff).

I tend to preemptively put my shield on so Resist + Nanoweave seems like the right option for me.
  7. Wildclaw

NMG
    • 800 per minute.
    Adrenaline Shield:
    • 600 per minute.
    • 150 per kill.
    Resist Shield:
    • 102 extra with nanoweave.
    • 409 per full shield recharge.
    • Up to 409 (511 with nanoweave) per heal.
    • Multiply the above values with ~20 if using max flak armor and dealing with indirect explosive damage.
    I think that is it, based on the NMG/AS absorbing 600 damage, NMG having a 45s recharge, AS having a 60s recharge with 25% extra per kill and RS reducing damage by 45%.

Resist shield of course requires correct timing for full effect.