Which Outfits have a dedicated air squadron? Looking for a home

Discussion in 'Emerald (US East)' started by Heme, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Heme

I just switched over to Mattherson due to server location and I am currently looking for an outfit, TR,VS,NC that runs squadron's on a weekly or daily bases. I am decent in an ESF but I am room for improvement and was hoping to join up with addition pilots. thanks Heme
  2. Forlorn Hope

Heme,

SMG is a NC Outfit that has a dedicated air division. Feel free to check us out at sunderhq.com. We run pilot training on Tuesday nights and a full outfit Ops weekly. Feel free to PM myself, Foozlekiller or Kaylim here on the forums or send a TELL to any SMG member you see in game and they can give you more information.

Hopefully I will see you in game :)
  3. Aragato

BWC is a TR outfit that runs several major operations a week with a standing aviation unit, Task Force Dragon. We offer training for those who would need it, not only to help integrate you into the squadron tactics, but to help you become a better combat pilot. We also commonly operate a separate air support squad during non-operation times, to help cater to those who want to dedicate themselves to the art of killing from the skies.
  4. VVar

5. Conflicted

NC AACE is an air focused outfit with over 100 members now: nc-aace.com/phpbb

Here are some AACE members in action flying some solo ops:

• Up x 2
  6. Kaylim

Heme,

SMG has a dedicated Air Division called Ravens. We have a Flight School which is open to all NC on Tuesday nights. We also have a combat training school that all our pilots must take. We run CAS, Air Superiority, etc. We operate our reavers much like real world harriers. You're welcome to message me here or in game. My in-game name is Kaylim. I am the NCOIC of the Ravens.

Thanks for reading!
  7. Heme

I'll jump on tonight when I get off work.. I'm starting with a new character, but in the following months when I graduate I'll have plenty of time to cert up my character.
  8. robo

As far as VS outfits go, Ghosts of the Revolution's "Wind Wraiths" air squadron is always looking for more members if you don't mind the purple spandex. You can PM me for more information, we run Scythes, Liberators, and GOTR's copyrighted BattleGal (TM).
  9. Joshinya42

templars-nc.com

Reavers+Libs are fun and we will show you how to make them kick ***
  10. bronadius

Floating fortress of death.
  11. Joshinya42

Floating fortress can take a lot of AA fire too..... props to ya. Can't remember who was flyin it last time but damn if it wasnt like an annoying *** housefly that kept buzzin by and ****tin on us! :D
  12. BlueOreo

I'm a brand new player, also looking for an air squadron to call home.
    I'd like to learn the fine art of flying, and I plan on dedicating a lot of time to it. A few members of my MMO clan, Covert Operations, are also playing, and they'd probably join up as well.

Here's a short video I made of our Beta adventures flying (total noobs):

Not trying to hijack your thread at all Heme, just seeing common cause. Let me know if you need me to vacate.

Also, we only play Vanu right now.
  13. Bugginator

[SG]Sturmgrenadiers is a New Conglomerate Outfit that focuses on a combined arms doctrine. We have dedicated Infantry/Armor/Air Divisions with scheduled trainings. Our TS Server is also set up to allow all three divisions to communicate seamlessly so we can bring that combined arms mentality to bear upon the enemy.

Visit our recruitment thread for more information
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/sturmgrenadier-is-recruiting.172/

Visit our main side for an application
    www.sghq.com
  14. Heme

Well if you decide to change faction, my decision was SMG. Things are layed back and they usually run 10 to 12 reavers as a solo squad which is extremely effective. Also with me being a low lvl char with no weapons, It didn't matter, they were extremely happy to have me. (I'm by far am a horrible pilot but I am slowly getting a little better)
  15. BreakingBadder

The 7thCavalry has a Valkyrie(Reaver Air-Air), Vendetta(Reaver Air-Ground), and StormBird(Liberator) section. Many of us fly in whichever section is necessary, but we hone our skills on our specific section. I'm personally in the Liberator section, and last night we had three liberators up giving some serious business to the VS and TR deep in their territories. We were also featured in the Friday Night Operations on 03/08/2013 if you want to watch that and learn more about us, or jump on our teamspeak server, and scroll past the miles of other great games we support to the planetside sections, and go have fun with us for a while, and see how you like us.

Our teamspeak information can be found here: http://www.tsviewer.com/index.php?page=ts_viewer&ID=916976
    Our website is www.7thCavalry.us

[IMG]
  16. BlueOreo

That's extremely tempting actually. I've found a dearth of serious and organized Vanu outfits, much less one that is dedicated to air operations. A lot of these outfits are very "serious" in terms of having their own voice com server, having a weekly meeting, running operations, training, but in practice, most of this just boils down to overwhelming disorganized enemy forces with superior numbers and a basic level of coordination.

I'm looking for an air outfit that really sees flying as an art and wants to fine tune it, learn every intricacy of it, and take it to the next level. An outfit that puts emphasis on progress and mastery over victory. That may seem like a strange thing to say, but it's easy to take bases in PS2. You get a platoon together and you'll take a base. I want to fly someone's wing so long we shoot down a squadron full of enemy ESFs. That's something totally different.

Thanks for the pointer/tip. I tried my first live (not Beta) reaver flying last night. Although I know popular opinion is that the ESF food chain goes Mosquito > Scythe > Reaver, I actually think I prefer the Reaver best. I love the aesthetic of the fixed wing and a more traditional atmospheric aircraft, and I love how it's more durable. I've already made a few crash landings/wing clips of stationary objects that would have surely met my end in my Scythe, but instead I lived through, because I was in the tougher Reaver.
  17. Heme

Vanu is much like TR a Zerg fest with little appreciation for Air. You have to check us out for you own opinion, I dont want to throw dirt within this thread. however, I assure you wont be disappointed, if you give us a try www.sunderhq.com
  18. Insolence

I'd like to bump this - I'm also looking for a dedicated TR Air Squadron. The only Outfit I know of is BWC - but wondering if there are any others before I make my decision.