Which of these would be better for a CQC build?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by DarthDelta, May 5, 2013.

1. DarthDelta

Which of these would you recommend for a close quarters loadout.

a)Resist Shield vs Nanite Shield.

b)Nanoweave Armor vs Adv. Shield Capacitor vs Flak Armor?

I'm fairly new to this game and I haven't had the time or the certs to try each one out. So any help would be appreciated.
  2. Konfuzfanten

a) Nanite Shield will save you from a pump-action OHK shot, but the Resist Shield is the better overshield for engaging multiple targets

b)
    1) Adv. Shield Capacitor = not worth it.
    2) Flak Armor = great if you are getting hit by a lot of explosives, not so great if you are mostly dying from bullets. Doesnt not work well with the resist shield
    3) Nanoweave = my choice of armor, works very well with the resist shield and at lvl 4+5 it will save your from AI mines and at lvl 5 it cant be OHK'ed by snipers.
  3. DarthDelta

That's what I guessed. I've also invested the most certs into the Resist and Nanoweave trees so I guess i'll go with the. Thanks for the help!
  4. MrDerpAssault

a) Resist shield. Reason: Will absorb more damage if you have full health.

b) Go for Nanoweave if you are fighting indoor. Choose flak armor if ESFs are trying to lolpod you to death. Imo, nanoweave is better than flak armor since it "adds" health on you, which will allow you to take more damage (any type of source, but I don't know about falling damage) before falling to the ground. Btw, adv shield is a piece of garbage.

Additional tip: When fighting in a biolab, resist shield + nanoweave + CQC weapon of your choice (shotgun or a smg) = domination in CQC ;).
  5. Zaik

resist and flak