Which is the best Vanu HA weapon for fighting at point-blank range?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Vanu2013, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Gundem

Pump-Actions can, but us old Semi-Auto users can't OHKO for the life of us, unless we get extremely lucky.
  2. Gundem

Oh sweet mother of Vanu I've gotten some wild kill streaks with the S1. Instant kill at close range, just click and bye-bye. Large projectile almost always guarantee's your opponents death.

And the silly formers QQ about Pump-Actions. :rolleyes:
  3. blueangleofdeath

I also get good kill steaks with the S1. TR and NC die everywhere when I'm using it.
  4. umbrellapower

I'd recommend using the Orion for CQC. Shotguns and SMGs are good for the other classes to help take on a HA with a shield, but if you're playing HA as VS in those close battles and not using an Orion, you're robbing yourself of one of the best weapons in the game IMO.
  5. Crosseyed

I'd heartily recommend the Orion for most anything. If you just absolutely need a lower TTK at sub-5m distance, the only thing I could suggest is a pump/auto shotgun or a 3-5 round burst from the orion followed by stabbing them in the face.

...But mostly just shove a grip on it and use the Orion. All the alternatives to it that are actually better at CQC offer only marginal improvement at it coupled with an inability to do much of ANYTHING outside of bad-breath range.
  6. vanu123

Flare, soft point, foregrip = beast mode at close to medium range.
    • Up x 2
  7. Posse

There are 2 viable options:

-Shotguns, they're obviously the best for pure CQC

-Orion, DPS/TTK is the only thing that matters for CQC, and the Orion is the LMG with the highest DPS, it's not as good at extremely close ranges as the shotguns of course, but you have a bit more of adaptability, the choice between laser sight and forward grip depends on how you want to perform at mid range, with the grip you can be pretty dangerous at those ranges while still being a real threat at CQC (that's my setup, Orion+Forward grip), if you put a laser sight on it you'll slightly more dangerous when hipfiring at close ranges, your choice.

Why didn't I include the SMG? Because outside CQC it's useless, and in CQC the shotgun is just better (I'd even say that the Orion is better in CQC than the Sirius)
    • Up x 1
  8. huller

I never knew that my T9 carv was voice activated :eek:
    • Up x 2
  9. MorganM

Decimator is my OHK of choice for HA =)

Didn't get a direct hit? Switch to comissioner and finish the job soldier!
  10. Erendil

I dunno, the Adv Laser for the Polaris is nice, but the Orion fires 98RPM faster, which gives it at a significant TTK advantage. And that's a vital statistic in CQC since at that range you can often land 100% of your shots, and when that happens whoever has the faster TTK wins.

The Polaris and Orion have the same stock hipfre CoF. The Polaris with the Adv Laser has a slightly smaller CoF overall , but the Orion's CoF w/ Level 1 Laser isn't that much bigger, so within 10m both LMGs can still land 100% of their shots when config'd for CQC, meaning the Orion's higher RoF wins out.

From 10-20m the Polaris will start to land a higher percentage of hipfire shots, but the Orion's RoF advantage can sometimes make up for it since it can afford to miss more shots. Plus at that range the Orion user can always ADS instead, and the Polaris can't compete with it on an ADS level since at that range 100% ADS accuracy is quite doable and the Polaris's lower vertical recoil doesn't give it any advantage but the Orion's faster TTK and .75x movement multiplier does.

So really the only thing the Polaris has going for it during CQC over the Orion is the larger battery size (75 vs the Orion's 50) and that grey area around 10-20m where its hipfire accuracy can sometimes allow it to overcome the Orion's higher RoF - assuming the Orion doesn't go ADS, that is. :cool:
  11. Posse

Who hipfires past 10m? It's not even a good idea to do it past 5m, that's what the 0.75 ADS is for
  12. Morpholine

Yeah, the Polaris' attachments say "CQC", but I found while getting auraxium with it that it's really a bit of a generalist (like the SVA-88), with a slightly higher emphasis on hipfire ability. It just doesn't have the ROF to truly shine as a CQC monster.

However, if you've got to clear a concussed room out, it's got the magazine capacity to do so.
  13. Erendil

Well, assuming you're talking only about LMGs, Polaris users with Adv Laser equipped would, since that setup is quite accurate with hipfrie out to 15m. With other LMGs though, no, hipfiring past 10m is not recommended. That won't stop people from trying, though. ;)
  14. Alarox

Orion. .75x ADS multiplier + tied for lowest TTK of all LMGs.
  15. Posse

Yeah, but ADSing with the Orion nets more DPS and is more accurate anyway, it's not like you'll strafe very fast if you have the shield on while hipfiring anyway.
  16. Erendil

Hey you don't need to sell me on the merits of ADSing w/ the Orion. :D I've been saying the same things too for a while now. And yep, in a straight-up gunfight ADS+Shield is usually the way to go.

However, If you can already land 100% of your shots with hipfire you really don't need to be any more accurate unless you're strictly going for headshots. And even with the Orion ADSing slows you down a little thus making you an easier target to hit which you might want to avoid in certain situations (like if there are snipers about, or if you're strafe-popping into and out of a doorway or around a corner, etc).

And of course turning on your shield slows you down further and turns you into a huge glowing target which you might also want to avoid during hit-and-run or more stealthy ops. Or your Shield might even be depleted in which case it's a non-factor.

My point is that there are situations where being able to hipfire past 10m could beneficial. Not enough for me to choose a Polaris over the Orion of course, ;) but I can see where some might find it useful.

But of course looking at your Outfit and stats I obviously don't need to tell you any of this. :cool:
  17. IronTyrant

Depends on your play style, if you like shotguns theirs your answer, if not the SMG is a good choice or the default Orion LMG, but if your like me and prefer a bigger ammo pool the pulsar lsw is another sound choice with a bigger clip of 75 rounds, if you want more information on it here is my review: