[Suggestion] Which is the best common pool weapon for infitrator?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Kanelbullen300, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Kanelbullen300

I just got dbc and I have no idea what to buy for the infiltrator. I would like a common pool/nanite systems weapon because I can use it on all my characters. Any suggestions?
  2. DarkStarII

There's not really many options.
    Unless I missed any, the only NS weapons available to the infiltrator are the Vandal, NS-7 PDW, MKV Suppressed, Hunter QCX (crossbow), Commissioner, Underboss, and Blackhand.
    If you don't already own the Commissioner then it's probably a no-brainer. Unless you don't like it of course.
  3. Eternaloptimist

Depends on your preferred playstyle I guess. I got the NS7 PDW for CQC. Never tried the MkV - maybe worth a visit to VR traingin to compare them? Personally I prefer ES burst pistol to the NS pistols (you can suppress both the NS7 and the ES pistols).

I can't see much upside to the Vandal for my playstyle............if I want ranged combat in the field I go HA or play with an auto scout.

I hear that the Underboss is good in CQC - slightly faster RoF than the Commie. The Commie is commended for range and stopping power but it is slow as well as loud.

I got Blackhand as a long range semi for my non infil classes who have shorter range auto weapons - good for situations where a carbine or an LMG can't hit reliably or do enough damage.

Never tried the crossbow - kind of a longer range silent stalky weapon but for hunter, I think with damage like a sniper rifle?
  4. oTec

What playstyle do you like most? Stalker, CQC smg, mid range semi auto??
  5. Kanelbullen300

I prefer cqc smg or mid range. I have the sirius, the eridani and the cyclone and I really want something for more range
  6. oTec

Well that only leaves the vandal scout rifle, but i don't really know if it is much good. Can't help you there friend :/
  7. Kanelbullen300

I tried buying the vandal, and I didn't like it way too much.. Is there any way to like get my dbc back and like un-buying the weapon?
  8. Eternaloptimist

I understand the NS7 PDW has better performance than ES SMGs at slightly longer range as well as being good in CQC. I think it pays for that in lower RoF but at 750 it is still pretty decent.
  9. cobaltlightning

The NS7 PDW is probably the absolute most bang:buck weapon that you can purchase, if not one of perhaps 3 or 4 weapons total.

The NS7 counts as an SMG, meaning all Non-MAX classes can use it. It performs well on all these classes, as well (Engie can do some acurate spray, heavy got them CQC headhot kills with his shield, LA's got that flanking) mainly because of how controllable it is, and its effective range as an SMG is impressive.

On the Infiltrator is where the NS7 (and the MKV, technically) can indeed shine; it gives your mid-long range sniping class a bit more power in cqc while still holding onto some of the range. Sniper Infiltrators are annoying, but CQC Infiltrators can be deadly, and a daybreak cash purchased commonpool weapon transfers across factions, in case you wanted to give the other factions a trial, too!

To compliment your shiny new SMG oughta be a revolver. These would be the Underboss, Commissioner, and the Blackhand. Because it operates differently, I would not recomend the Blackhand unless you are a stalker infiltrator.

Both 6-shot revolvers have some similarities (6 shots, kick-*** reload, commonpool) but the Underboss is more forgiving whereas the Commissioner is more rewarding. To match their caliber of bullet, the Underboss deals 375 damage per shot, and the Commissioner deals 450, within their maximum ranges, of course. The .45 has a longer reach than the .375, but the .375 is more usefull in those frantic CQC moments when your primary is out of ammo. Due to its damage, the .45 can also execute infiltrators within its max damage range (450 x 2 = 900, infils have 900 effective health; 400 shields, 500 health) which can be a hoot with the darklight.

As for your purchase that you have already made, you cannot refund it, no. The Vandal is one heluva baby between all the Empire Specific Scout Rifles. Might take some getting used to, but she'll do you well with some practice.
    • Up x 2
  10. Krinsee

I Personally like the Blackhand as a back up with my SMG load out. It gives you a fairly decent Long range capability to go with the SMG and 4 powerful shots to help as a finisher. With a blackhand you can counter short and mid range snipers (I've even tagged a few at ~300m with it) But commish or underboss are more forgiving in CQC with 6 rounds over 4.
  11. Kanelbullen300

As for your purchase that you have already made, you cannot refund it, no. The Vandal is one heluva baby between all the Empire Specific Scout Rifles. Might take some getting used to, but she'll do you well with some practice.
    [/quote]

I am slowly but surely getting used to it, but im still not way to awesome with it. Have you got any attachments suggestions?
  12. oTec

Depends on how you will use it. If you're gone use it like in the video i'd roll with a 2x Reflex, if you're gone mid range 4x scope. Never get 6x scopes on scout rifles, they add scope sway. Rail probaly either laser for hip spam or the fwd grip if the recoil is high, wich i doubt on a NS weapon. Barrel... suppresor maybe for terminal camping, else compensator or just no barrel attachement is maybe best.
  13. Kanelbullen300

Maybe a flash suppressor is worth a go?
  14. oTec

Ah yes, forgot about that. I don't really like it, since it increase the cone of fire bloom by 20% in hipfire and ALSO while zoomed, wich leads to inaccuracy. It is however quite good at night, since you're not blinded by your own muzzle flash and the enemy can't see your muzzle flash, but can still see the tracer rounds coming from you. I mostly leave my barrel clean, unless it's an pistol/smg (suppressor) for infil or my gauss saw rifle (compensator).
  15. Kanelbullen300

Well compensator isn't much good for the infiltrator, and the suppressor decreases you bullet velocity quite a but so I guess leaving it clean is the best option
  16. oTec

I do see alot of people rolling a compensator on their vandal ingame though, the concept of stealth really only exists when you're fully suprressed. Now evryone get a nice big red dot pointing to you whenever you fire. The people that will find you when you fire will most of the time already be quite close to you, since it is quite a dumb move (but not an impossible one ;p) to cross open terrain to kill an infiltrator. So i don't know if the added range of the compensator will have much negative effect in regard to no attachement.
  17. Kanelbullen300

All though, the compensator does make it easier to handle the weapons recoil, right? That might make it a good barrel attachment
  18. oTec

Yes, it lowers the recoil. Just remember to keep moving, since a non silenced weapon will make people aware of you.
  19. Moz

If you buy an NS weapon on one char, it isnt unlocked on others.

So if you unlock the xbow for example on your VS toon, and then make a new TR toon you will need to buy a second xbow.

Or did they change this and i missed it?
  20. Kanelbullen300

No, if you unlock something on one character with daybreak cash it becomes available for alla your accounts and future accounts
    • Up x 1