Which empire has the best heavy assault?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by AdamRah, Apr 18, 2014.

1. AdamRah

I'm going to go empire specific set ups here, not including empire specific pistols because a seasoned heavy knows to use a commie. (Not including VS because our H.A just sucks ES wise Lasher and Lancer? you ******* kidding me?)

TR SEX BOMB -

Minigun with that new rpm attachment
    commie
    striker

NC EROTIC NUKE -

Jackhammer
    commie
    phoenix
  2. KnightCole

Meh

EM6
    Xbow wiht radar darts.....this thing is useless.
    Shrike....cuz Feenix? no..I dont wanna be a stationary target while driving a rocket.

Conc nades.
  3. DevDevBooday

NC is prolly best.

Striker still sucks, MCG now does the same job as as the Jackhammer but worse.
    • Up x 1
  4. The Red One

Chaingun is probably.the best heavy assault gun if you have.cover cause today I went with two other players and I kept shooting nonstop and I killed 2 MAXES and 6 other vanus without reloading or stopping so TR is probably best
  5. Casterbridge

While the striker does still suck and the phoenix is at least unique at what it does, not sure sure about the MCG Jackhammer comparison.

At the end of the day Jackhammer is still just a shot gun, the MCG may lose to a Jackhammer straight up, barely, but MCG will be in much better position to take down multiple targets, thing is scary now, several TR HAs with these things will clear a room.
  6. DevDevBooday

Thats part of the problem, to have the fire rate to clear a room, you have to sacrifice the clip size needed to clear a room
    Nee BRRT attachment is great at killing 2-3 guys at 10 metres, but it is a spray and pray gun now, you lose to many bullets due to inaccuracy.
    Better for duelling, not for clearing rooms. Needs a bigger mag.
    • Up x 1
  7. XXBLACKATTACKXX

VS-Versitility Orion is Best in CQC and hold great in medium. SVA 88 is great for medium and can hit at long like flare

NC- Pretty strong in medium range. EM6 and god saw are nice

TR- nothing really that good chainsaw is fun though.
    • Up x 1
  8. Snicklefritzll

My favorite empire heavy class to play as is the vanu, but that's not to say they're the best. My favorite setup is:

Ursa
    Commissioner
    Nemesis
  9. cruczi

The only thing worth comparing between the factions, when considering which has the best HA, is the LMG. The optimal pistol is an NS pistol, and the optimal rocket launcher is one of: default, Decimator, Annihilator. The faction specific RL's have more specific roles, typically efficiency is better with a non-faction specific RL. While I'm at it, I might say the NS-15M is the best LMG, or at least close enough to any faction specific LMG that comparing "which HA is the best" is a rather pointless exercise.
  10. Corezer

before NS-15M I would say VS. Now, it doesn't matter.

.75 ADS speed on a weapon class with typically terrible hipfire and who effectively has extra HP to take further advantage of the mobility's influence on survival is a powerful thing!

anyone remember the time before the SVA-88 recoil nerf? thing was Master Race of LMGs.....
  11. Shanther

General Purpose: VS. The Orion and SVA-88 are that damn good.

Range: NC. Gauss SAW wrecks people at range.

The TR just kind of exist to me. The MCG is rather good though for CQC.
  12. vanu123

NC cause jackhammer.
  13. anchorman

I haven't tried it yet but that sounds a lot like the the jackhammer or NC max to me
  14. MallowChunkage

Lancer is pretty lame, but the lasher is quite the beast, shreds maxes and you pretty much never need to stop firing with extended mags. combine that with it's main advantage (dat splash damage giving you the ability to shoot round corners) and you have a hella good HA weapon.

Although jackhammer is still amazing.

And MCG is meh.
  15. LibertyRevolution

VS has the best HA.
    Orion is amazing, by far the best LMG in the game for 0-50m engagements, which is where 95% of battles in PS2 take place.
    Lancer is also great sniping armor from render range with a squad and it has no counter.
    Lasher with extended mag give you the best suppression weapon in the game.

I play all 3 factions, like a lot, like DAYS of playtime.
    I have an auraxium with the MCG, the thing is not that great, my NS-15M and Orion were far easier to auraxium.
    JackHammer is triple shot crutch shotgun for people who suck at FPS.. I refuse to buy the ScrubHammer, even for 99SC.

You seem to be suffering from a case of grass is greener bro..

P.S. If you are needing to use your pistol as a HA.. you are likely doing something VERY wrong.
  16. Phos!

VS because Orion and SVA-88.

Even with the BRRT the chaingun still isn't really a CQC weapon, and it's not that much farther till it's not just beaten but outclassed by pretty much any LMG, so your effective range is (charitably) something like 15 meters to 30 meters. That's a pretty common encounter but even at that range it's still not that much better than the CARV and if you can get headshots, is in fact worse. Max damage DPS into the head of the chaingun (sans BRRT but also sans spinup) is 2,859 due to its low headshot multiplier, carv can pull 3,574 and is much more like to to actually be able to do this because of the CoF disparity.

Also worth mentioning that if a chaingun user's shield isn't charged they're almost certain to lose to a Serpent or GD-7F in a theoretical even fight.
  17. Chazt

I was about the say the same thing. The VS heavy is great not sure what the op is talking about, the orion has the fastest ttk of any lmg last I checked, most of their lmg's have little recoil, high rates of fire and virtually zero bullet drop. In mid - close combat the vanu heavy wrecks. In long range they are still capable of getting multiple hits (even though the damage is reduced more) due to the previously mentioned low recoil + no drop. You ever have a long range infantry battle against the vanu? It doesn't matter if their bullet hit for less damage when they can land more on you regardless.

The only real conside of the vanu HA is their magazine size, but they pack enough of a punch and reload quickly enough for that to be a non-issue most of the time. Not to mention the lancer is a great launcher, not meant for solo play to be sure (none of the unique launchers are) but if you have a group of heavies with these bad boys watching an area they can create a huge vehicle no-go zone.

After the vanu I would NC is the best, the jackhammer is meh, our lmg's are decent all around but the majority of this claim comes from the phoenix. Like the Lancer this essentially creates a vehicle no-go zone, however ours only goes up to 300 meters, the good thing about this is that we can shoot around shallow corners and bends with it, which allows us to shoot around mountains at relative safety a the cost of having to me be much closer to the thing that wants us dead.

Now don't get me wrong, I love the TR heavy as well, but what it comes down to here is launchers really, ans while I think the striker is HILARIOUS when used in large groups, the fact it is a lock-on can be a huge detriment as well as an advantage,
  18. NCstandsforNukaCola

Having the best LMGs in the game, it is VS HA undoubtedly.

WIth orion and sva88, you can cover almost every range that LMG could/should perform with sweet 0.75x ads movment speed.

Though NC fits me well, the reality is different.
  19. Moz

Fartgun owns all.....

TR has the best heavy.
  20. lawn gnome

NS:
    because,
    • decimator
    • hunter with explosive bolts (silenced grenade launcher! and yes it does have minor splash, i confirmed that when i nailed a friendly next to a spawn beacon i shot)
    • C4
    • AV grenades
    but since NS isn't an actual faction i will go with vanu because i love my lasher (150 rounds with a low rate of fire means i get to make my enemies dance while they reload, and pushing through buildings with a rush is incredibly fun), the lancer is useless to me but many seem to like it for some strange reason.

now i just need some sort of melee weapon that has splash damage too and i will have completed the set.
    • Up x 1