Which directives are toughest and rarest?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Linedan, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Linedan

I was thinking about this a couple nights ago as I got killed by yet another Vanu BR 100 wielding a Betelgeuse. I've always assumed that the LMG and HA directives have been the most completed because I see a fair number of HAs of all three factions with directive weapons and armor. But I wonder which ones are the least completed and hardest to get? Personally I think the engineer one is difficult because you have to get ~1200 kills with either a MANA AI or MANA AV turret. Resupplies and repairs are easy, kills aren't too hard, even auraxiuming sticky grenades is a grind but doable. But 1160 kills with a MANA turret? Yikes.
  2. Revel

MAX. Its only got 5 different options so you have to do every one, and one is punch kills.
  3. AnuErebus

You can see the numbers here: http://ps2.fisu.pw/directive/leaderboard/

Top 5 least common directives (Excluding holiday ones) are -

1) Valkyrie
    2) Galaxy
    3) MAX
    4) Launchers
    5) Sunderer

HA has a few more than its difficulty suggests as well. Since the AV nerf that Directive has become much, much harder.
    • Up x 1
  4. FocusLight

I have yet to see someone with a directive rocket launcher.

This is exclusively due to the fact you can take away 99% of a player's health with any weapon you please, but if you don't get the final blow, you don't get the kill. Seriously, when you do the majority of the damage you should get an official kill when the target dies even if someone else finish the target off and also get a kill.

If this was the case, people would not have to get 5x 1160 direct kills with launchers.

For me, that would be the basic launcher, lock-on to air, lock-on to ground, the annie, the deci and - I dread this at this point - the Striker.

Have fun getting one thousand one hundred and sixty kills with the Striker...
    • Up x 2
  5. moriarrr-ceres

valkyries, vanu pistols, galaxy
    • Up x 1
  6. Xind

That shocks me actually. I figured MAXs would be one of the most prevalent due to their numbers.
  7. LibertyRevolution

You have to max punch kill 1160 people...

AI turret for engineer should not be difficult, just go to a bio lab and camp the teleporter door sitting on a AI turret in a 96+.
    In the shield gen room, parkour from the stairs across the cylinders over to the plant racks and setup AI turret on top of that.
    Shoot anything that comes in the door next to the bottom the stairs.

Does that new version biolab still have no shields on its teleporter room? If so go camp that with an AI turret. :p
  8. Troedd

1160 kills with the spitfire turret seems hard to achieve
    • Up x 1
  9. Xind

I know, but it'd be retroactive. I mean it has been quite some time since launch to punch a thousand guys.
  10. FnkyTwn

Since they revamped the Anti-Vehicle Grenade, it's pretty impossible to get kills with it. Sure it damages vehicles just fine, but there's such a delay between throw and detonate that the vehicle generally dies to something else, and chucking them into a room full of people probably isn't going to yield you a single kill. - Unlike ye olden times, when an AV Grenade into a room would net you 3-4 kills, and it was extremely easy to complete.
    • Up x 1
  11. Peebuddy

I know a few Vs guys who did this as a goof when ZoEs were super fast

Bet it put an even larger grin on their face when directives came out >:-(
  12. Hammerlock

they are planning that assists count for directivesnot only kills ... if you hit someone with a AV grenade and another get the kill it count for you too
  13. Kanil

They kill MAXes pretty well. 1160 MAX kills would take quite a while though...
  14. Danath

I have 59 days played as engineer, auraxied the AV turret like a year ago, but have only like 500 kills the AI turret. A battlerifle is more deadly than that crap.
  15. MajiinBuu

I play a lot of engineer, but I've always used the AV turret for everything, vehicles and infantry.
    I've been equipping the AI Mana turret more often, but there is nothing more frustrating than finding an abandoned AMS and realizing you have a pure anti-infantry loadout :mad:
  16. Hiperion

AI MANA TURRET, AV GRENADE, MAX DIRECTIVES, MAX PUNCH AND AIR DETERRENCE
    EXCEPTIONAL DIRECTIVES, AURAXIUM BASILISK FLASH :eek:, DRAKE AURAXIUM ON GALAXY AND LIBERATOR, ALSO GALAXY AND LIBERATORS DIRECTIVES
  17. Leftconsin

I'm going to finish Engineer by auraxing stickies. If TR has Amerish and I can find a clogged up tower fight the kills per hour is really good. AV Turret was an absolute joy for me to auraxium and I still use it. I got BR100 using it by choice and I hover around 137th in lifetime kills with it. Once you learn how to snipe infantry with it 1160 kills is a breeze.

Force Recon is approaching for me very fast. Just 30 more marksman ribbons. If I take up sniping that should be finished easily by the end of the week.
  18. FieldMarshall

My first directive was Engineer. Everything was super easy and quick except the turret one.
    But after 250+ kills with the AV turret, the speed of kills increase significantly as you are able to reliably 1HK snipe moving infantry at any range.

My second one was Exceptional. I only used primary weapons but it was still slow compared to engineer.
  19. Regpuppy

You'd think so, but max kills don't come that often unless you go out of your way to get them. Between melee hit detection and virtually every infantry class having access to explosives, it's extremely painful when you do go out of your way to get them. In big battles you just get chewed up or C4'd and finding that single nublet in nearly empty bases is painful.

I've tried it. It's hilarious when you finally kill someone, but it gets soulcrushing once you realize how easy it is to avoid being punched by a max.
    • Up x 1
  20. LibertyRevolution

I don't know about the rest of people, but when I am in a maxsuit, using melee doesn't really cross my mind too often...