Which Camo? [Grey Scales or Dark Digital]

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ElzitoNC, Dec 11, 2015.

1. ElzitoNC

Hello everyone,
    I am planning to buy one of the black camos but do not know which one, the choice is between Dark Digital and Grey Scales. Both cost 999 DBC. I wanted to see the public opinion on the two. I mainly play NC/Infiltrator and would use this camo for general use. I already own most continent camos and a couple of others.
  2. Jubikus

I think gray scales looks better. Im waiting on Solid pink so i can blend in and never be seen by my opponents while is stand next to cotton candy stands.
    • Up x 2
  3. Bindlestiff

Bring on the pink.
  4. Goretzu

I use Grey Scales quite a bit the "scales" do stand out quite a bit on some infantry classes (unlike the grey flames in the black flame camo), but generally it is still quite dark/black. I would think (don't have it) Dark Digital has the most over all use (decent in Hossin/Amerish/inside/night & some of Indar), but really all you can do is use preview and decide for yourself. YMMV.
  5. Pelojian

my advice would be to go into VR where you can try the camos on during a night cycle there with a friend and try hiding near dark objects and ask your friend how visible you are at varying ranges, remember grey scales camo does have reflective eye drawing parts and dark digital doesn't.
  6. VXMorte

Had the same choice a while back and chose the dark digital, enjoy the look on practically everything it is applied to and yet its still subtle enough. Sometimes you dont really see the pattern on certain weapons though.

Like others have said, go try them in VR and see what you prefer.
  7. PasitheeVS

Well, I prefer the Black Camo.

As an alternative to the original Black Camo, the Scary Faces Camo is great and cheap, but it's not available except for Halloween anymore...
  8. metrotw

cracked earth is also good
  9. Ryoken

Dark Digital is matte whereas I think the Scales is shiny.

FWIW I think the digital one looks amazing on NC.
  10. Savadrin

I'd just like to mention this about camo in general:

Make sure your monitor is right before you worry about buying camo. What you see on your screen may not look ANYTHING like what other people with accurate color or brightness render.

I've found this to be a big issue in both color accuracy and more importantly lightness of a camo.

I thought dark digital was dark, but it's really not when compared with scary faces or other dark camo. On some screens it looks nearly black. On mine, it's not even close.

I would imagine the root of this problem is that not everyone in the player studio making these things has a calibrated monitor, because very often, the camo does not blend in very well at all with what it's intended to work with.
  11. Peebuddy

I'm sporting the solid red camo from the anniversary pack.

Come look like a Blood Angel space marine with me.

But between the two, do black digi. Looks bad *** while the scales kinda makes you look like a zebra to everyone else.
  12. Corezer

On NC you want shattered or shapely to prevent team fire...
  13. Armcross

Careful when buying camo with real money. They broke my TR digital camo. And base on thumbnail and preview of NC version, it seems they broke it too.
  14. ElzitoNC

I'm leaning more towards grey scales at the moments as the dark digital seems to have a lot of brown spots on some vehicles/classes. It also seems to be a darker shade. However I'm not a big fan of the pattern. Also does anyone know if camos usually go on sale around Christmas? B/c I might hold off until then if they do.
  15. Obscura

[IMG]
    I use black tiled, it works well as a darker/black camo and blends in on hossin and amerish well

it just looks badass too