Where's The Flak?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Darthjackn, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Demigan

SIght, your go-to argument. "aircraft are in the air and always visible". Which already shows you don't use cover much. Also, 90% of the enemies you meet are on the ground, who's going to look up for an enemy that approaches you less than others, can kill you in a second without you being able to prevent it except with being lucky and not in the open at their arrival, and you have only a select few weapons available that could actually kill it?

Note, I got what, 4x the vehicle kills with the Rocketpod? What did you get again? Oh yeah, accuracy, which is not exactly the best factor here.
    Your kills per hour? C for photon pods and B++ for rocketpods. We both have a close amount of kills with these weapons.
    Your vehicle kills per hour? B+ for Photons (176 v kills) and C++ for rockedpods (43 kills).

My kills per hour? C+
    My V kills per hour? A++ with 131 v kills. I got an average of 2,7 vehicles destroyed whenever I used that thing. Ergo, I'm better at A2G with them than you.

28% of your time? Why don't you write down your hours and prove it. I'm not going to do it for you (AGAIN). Your Lib+Reaver hours already crunch the total time on all other vehicles you have across all other accounts by a quick look. So 28%? not even close.

Oh very funny.
    Skyguards, G2A Lock-Ons, Walkers, Basilisk, Ranger, Burster MAX, you can't say tank again because you already mentioned the AA equivalents they could carry, other aircraft and the AA turret.

For tanks it's:
    Basilisks, every type of rocketlauncher, ES AV secondary, Halberd, AP primary (Lightning+MBT), HEAT primary (Lightning+MBT), HE Primary (Lightning+MBT although it stands a good chance of losing it can still deal damage just like a basilisk), Furies, 2 types of AV MAX, C4, AT mines, AV grenades, AV turret (deployable), AV turret (base defense), AI turret (base defense, this thing can secretly tear you a new one) and aircraft.
    Oh, and these are pulled more often as well than AA. See how this list is twice as long as your list? See how I even shortened my list by lumping things like "all rocketlaunchers", Lightning+MBT and AV MAX configurations together?

For infantry, the list is too long.
  2. Demigan

The analogy was in the first part of the post, you specifically said the last part of my quote was what made you laugh, and that was about how I have compared aircraft weapons to the big picture.

Also, you hypocrite, you accuse me of not giving a big picture (which I did) while you yourself only see it from the aircraft point of view. Where's your "big view" then?
  3. Demigan

Not the point. The point is that AA weapons designed for AA don't have the option for skill-shots. Also, dumbfire missiles stop being skillshots and become luck-shots the moment you get at range due to the option for aircraft to go a completely different direction and avoid any perfectly aimed missile easily.

You can name the current counters all you want, that doesn't mean they are balanced or fun. They need changing.

The fact that you have to pull an A2A ESF to counter other ESF is already the problem, I explained several times before and won't do it again.
    • Up x 2
  4. Darthjackn

I've heard of this rumour, but for some reason I've never seen a heavy assault with one of their AA rocket launchers they supposedly have.
  5. Jawarisin

this was your last sentence:
    "But now we are dealing with a situation where the gang is banged by a single pilot rather than the other way around, and there is no spiked shrinking condom to counter it."
  6. Jawarisin

sometime you're exhausting gash. Feel free to look at my VS stats though, as you might of noticed, I played it a bit at first then let it shrivel up and die :3

The only thing I'll bother with is my number of hours because I'm actually a bit curious myself:
    VS-> ESF/Lib -> 53+11.5 = 64.5 hours
    NC->ESF/Lib -> 87.25 + 155.5 = 142.75
    207.25 total

Time in random vehicles VS: roughly 2 days, plus/minus a few hours
    Time in random NC vehicle: roughly 1.5 days, plus/minus a few hours

VS+NC play time ->23d13h + 27d5h = 50d18h (woohooo I just passed 50 days!)

So if we keep it rough, 207 hours = ~8.5 days

8.5 / 50.75 = 0.1675

So you were right, I'm not even close to 28%. I'm around 16.75% of my time in an aircraft. So my statement stands, I spent drastically more time on the ground as infantry.
  7. CursoryRaptor

o_0 ...You people are pervs.
    • Up x 1
  8. Darthjackn

L
    lol
  9. Demigan

Yeah! and totally forgetting that any engineer time spent inside a vehicle is still counted as "infantry time". Which is why I discounted it.

So no, you don't spent that much time as infantry on the ground.
  10. Jawarisin

If you seriously can't see the simple principle of

Total time played - total time spent in vehicles = Total infantry

I seriously will not even ever consider any number you ever say again. This is basic math. Subtractions... Please think about it for a second.... I didn't do my total infantry time, I did my total play time.
    Seriously double check yourself.

The fact that you out of all people didn't get this basic concept is unsettelling to me. I thought you understood numbers... I don't know what to think.
  11. Demigan

Simple addition and substraction you say?

Just let's look at the first one: "time in random VS vehicle"
    You spend 19 hours 12 minutes on the Flash
    7h13m Sunderer
    1h24m Lightning
    20h56m Magrider
    53h3m Scythe
    11h31m Lib
    8h20m Gal
    3h40m Harasser

total time:
    125h19m or 5 days (45h25m or 1,875 days on ground vehicles and not 2 days)
    23-5=18 days
    74% of that was spent as infiltrator, according to your page that's 17 days 9 hours. Which leaves a total of 5 days spent on other classes (if you add all the hours you have on those classes as it's not 100% certain how much time each class spent in Sunderers, Flashes etc). Not exactly very... representative for an infantry man is it?

Now your NC side:
    7h51m Flash
    4h57m Sunderer
    0h44m Lightning
    9h50m Vanguard
    88h25m Reaver
    155h50m Liberator
    5h2m Gal
    6h10m Harasser
    (anyone notice the Valkyrie missing from here? It's not on the site)

total time:
    278h49m or 11 days. (30h32 min=1,25 days in ground vehicles, this time you are farther but still way off)
    27 days played, 16 hours left for infantry with again, almost any time not spent as engineer is as infiltrator again.

Yes, my estimate based on 5 seconds looking was wrong. My bad. However, your own "basic math" of how many hours/days you spent on vehicles...

And here you see why I don't just jot down the answers like you do. I show you most of the process. I can't tell you where you went wrong, or how, or why, simply because you never showed how you got the answers.
  12. CursoryRaptor

You guys are still arguing about stats? Should I make some coffee for you?
  13. Jawarisin

1.5+2 = 3.5
    1.875+1.25 = 3.125
    Alright, so spent I don't know how long to add all the numbers and shave off .375h from my vehicle time... I guess my rough estimate was too fast. Close enough to, and for all purpose, it skewed it towards what you were saying.

Also, I thought you'd be smart enough to see it, but this is really getting out of hand.
    If you remove my time as engineer AND my time in vehicle, then you're removing twice the same amount of time. And this is the same for all classes.

Let me try to explain in another way. Let's say you're driving from point A to point B. You got two t-shirts, one red and one blue.
    When you're driving, you're wearing the red shirt. When you're pushing the car, you're wearing a blue shirt. It takes you 30 minutes of driving + 30 minutes of pushing the car to get to point B.
    Now, if I want to know, how long did you spent in a blue shirt. You could do: total time - red shirt time = 30 minutes! good answer!
    Or, you could do: total time - driving time = 30 minutes! good answer!
    What you're doing right now is total time - total driving time - total red shirt time = 0 minutes. wrong answer.

Replace red shirt by with engineer, driving by piloting and blue shirt by infantry.

The only thing you could of criticised is that I gave you a air to ground ratio instead of a vehicle to infantry. So my actual infantry time would be something more akin to 21-22% (rough guesstimate).
  14. Demigan

Read my post again. I specifically said that it was impossible to see how much time each class spend in a vehicle. I never subtracted first the vehicle time and then the engineer time, and I never even mentioned it in the post you quoted. So where does it come from?
    another example of how you treat other people's words. Somehow you come up with something that looks like it has something to do with it, is obviously wrong, and accuse the other poster of doing exactly that.
  15. Jawarisin

I'll answer with your own quote:
  16. Demigan

And that quote had nothing to do anymore with what I said afterwards and you quoted. Because I actually show you and tell you exactly how I calculated it, without removing engineer time after taking away vehicle time.

So basically what you did was this:
    You quoted my post where I calculate your actual time.
    Then you take information from a previous quote that doesn't matter to the post you quoted but has the same subject, respond to that rather than the actual quote you quoted, and call it a day.
  17. Jawarisin

you're turning in circles, repeating over and over your non-existing argument. Early in the day, don't ask me how, but I have the energy to go with it. The longer the day drags on though, the less patience I have for idiocy.

If you're just going to lie over lie over lie to try to get me confused because you can't find anything better to say; I think we're better ending this discussion-branch right here.

Good night there.
  18. Demigan

I didn't lie, and re-read your things again. It's exactly as simple as this:
    You quote post #2
    You make a reply to earlier post #1, ignoring the stuff in post #2 mostly.

And again with the insults. You trying to get a trophy for it or something?
  19. Jawarisin

I'll gladly accept a trophy for anything. Though as I said, I won't be continuing any longer with this sterile discussion.

Have a good night.