Where is the Aegis Shield I keep reading about?

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Gil102, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Gil102

Or is this yet another ability that was never implemented like the portable Engineer Shield Generator?

-Gil102
  2. Dornez

yup, the cert for it disappeared halfway through beta.

Medic is extra boring right now.
  3. Gil102

Dammit. The only two things I really wanted to try out were the Aegis Shield and the Shield Generator. :( Thank you for the confirmation.

-Gil102
  4. Braken

There were a LOT of awesome certs that they removed during the beta...
  5. saltin

This might have been a calculated move.Preview but save a lot of the good stuff for the next expansion pack and somehow tie it to a premium non exclusive feature.
  6. Arbitrator

They might bring some of it "back" in later. We can only hope.
  7. Aeseri

Really more a result of pruning, I suspect. They likely just consolidated what was absolutely necessary and made that much WORK (or tried), which seems to be the right choice in my opinion. They can add new content when it's ready, and when the rest of the game is nice and stable.
  8. CrimsonDaemon

Pretty much this. Those of us that participated in the beta test can attest to the fact that when the test ended not too long ago, the game was far from done. Cutting content down to the bare minimum to get it launch ready was an issue. They were even talking about delaying the release of Amerish in order to meet the launch window. I have a feeling we will see a bunch of new things in expansion packs, a la Aftershock
  9. Dornez

There used to be a cert called nanite burst. It was essentially a revive grenade based on your ability bar, I would trade that for the aoe heal.
  10. clantix

I wanted the Anti-tank engineer turret D: they cut that too...
    • Up x 1