Where do you GO?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by revan1141, Oct 23, 2015.

1. revan1141

I main Light Assault.

And I like to think I'm kind of good at Light Assault(unless I'm on NC. God damn their guns are hard.)

Basically I was playing Vanu, and it was my main, until I decided to go back to my NC character and play with my friends, and I realized how cancerous they are, both to talk to and play against, and I can no longer in good concious play them without hating myself.

So now I play NC and TR, I'm thinking of switching over to my new TR character because I'm really enjoying them so far, their guns seem to come more naturally to me.

I'd like to spice it up a little and play Heavy on TR instead of Light Assault. Like, Light Assault takes up 78% of my total time played on Vanu, and something like 43% on my NC.

https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428392193626729265/stats
    This is my TR, right now my Heavy has 33% of the time I have played, with Light Assault 53%.

My problem with Heavy is: I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE TO GO! ;-;

With Light Assault I can easily get into any position I need to get into, and can easily get behind enemies and take my time to shoot em' dead, and then move away and flank from another position. Go into a building, kill two or three enemies, fly out, wait, use a medkit if need be, and then either enter the same building from another entrance, or go to another building and just rotate around the base. It's easy to play LA.

Heavy Assault I just like... Sorta run around. I kind of just linger around in the front a bit just spamming into doorways, not really killing or hitting things. I dunno where to go. And then I see some Heavies getting like 10+ kills a life and then dying.

Obviously I have to learn positioning with Heavy to do as good as LA. But how?

Let me ask the experienced Heavy players here: Where do you GO when you play Heavy?
  2. Khallixtus

Okay, I play on Briggs, so the question of where I go will be different due to the sizes of fights. But basically I like to lone wolf. Try to get in a position where your gun works best. Using a shotgun, try to stay behind cover and near walls. Fight indoors. LMGs, stick further out. Stick to your range so you beat other Heavies. In CQC, unless up against a shotgun, your overshield should let you beat most other classes.

Always move around, don't stay still. Play it aggressive. Of course, don't go stupid or anything and try to 1v5. There are only very few non-hackers that can even try to do that.

Also, you're playing Heavy Assault. You just run around and use the fact of you being being HA to beat whoever you come across. I don't really think about where I am, apart from, "am I just sniper bait" or "do I have my sides covered". Try not to let people surprise you, as if they get the start, it's actually very easy for them to beat you. I just run around a building and shoot people.
  3. Lord_Avatar

If equipped for CQC - push the objective and/or prowl indoors in "overwatch" mode. When decked out for longer ranges find a spot with decent coverage and lay down some accurate burst fire. Be mindful of vehicles and air as well (that depends on your launcher of choice).

Maintain awareness, abuse the overshield and mow people down.
    • Up x 1
  4. Khallixtus

This.
  5. Eternaloptimist

You run towards the sound of the guns, be they infantry or other. Storm and hold is the HA way. They have the kit to drive off or kill just about anything. Erm..that's about it I think.