Where Did the Anti-Aliasing Go?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zotamedu, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Zotamedu

There was a lot of talk about the lack of AA in the game and that the only AA was hidden somewhere deep down in the rendering pipeline. For me that was fine since I prefer a small amount a AA to the jagged edges. So now after the update, I have noticed a lot of jagged edges everywhere. So did they change the way AA works in the rendering pipeline or is there some secret setting hidden in the UserOptions.ini?

I reset all settings and used the standard settings which gave me High or Ultra on everything except shadows and flora which I have set to low. I had both of them turned off before. So as far as I know, I think I've only added shadow and flowers.

So the question is, did they remove AA in the name of performance or is there just some secret setting that I have missed?
    • Up x 1
  2. gigastar

Your AA quality is represented by the slider marked "rendering quality".

And most usually do have it set to the far left in the name of performance.
  3. CHDT65

Rendering quality to the best, still jaggies.
    For good computers, this patch is a graphical disaster.
    • Up x 1
  4. Being@RT

Did you have rendering quality changed in the .ini file and the patch changed that (reset to default button in particular can change the rendering quality setting)? in the .ini it's possible to set it above the max possible ingame (values above 1.0), for supersampling AA (but that's pretty heavy on performance).
  5. Zotamedu

Yes it seems like it was changed from 1 to 0.75 which made the game look horrible. I changed it back to 1 and it looks like it used to. Now I just need to decide if I should keep shadows and flora on or not.