Where can I voice my opinions on the game and be heard by devs?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mellow Martian, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Mellow Martian

Is this forum the best place? Or am I missing out on something?
  2. LordAnnihilator

...not here is a good answer. When the devs (I.e. RadarX) do show up on the forums, it's to lock down a random topic or state something relating to the OP without actually reading the rest of the thread. Your best bet would be to infiltrate Daybreak and take it over. Serious here.
    • Up x 3
  3. Mellow Martian

That would probably do it, hold them up at gun point. They would still ignore you like all the other "players." The best thing for DB and Planetside 2 would be a company that knows what they're doing to take over.
  4. Stormsinger

The Planetside 2 Reddit has active devs commenting here and there. There's also links to PS2 dev Twitters on the PS2 reddit sidebar, tweeting at them personally seems to be a good way to get actual responses - I see more devs conversing there then anywhere else.
    • Up x 1
  5. Vurvu

Why can I hear the laugh of Jonah Jameson...

"You're serious?"
  6. RottenRat

It's very difficult to communicate with someone who isn't interested in what you have to say. I assume that Radar X would answer: "We read every post and are happy about the most and they are really important for us but we can't comment on every thread we read." Point is that all the problems we player think are important are obviously not so important for DGB. They have to earn money (that's the reason for this game) and even if I think that there are some better ways to get more money it's their decision because their jobs are on the line.
    By the way: Even if Radar X answers to your post (as he has done to some of mine) it doesn't change anything. Maybe you get this nice warm feeling "Oh man, a VIP answered me" but thats it.
  7. MikeyGeeMan

8. Gremmel

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa!!!!!11111one
  9. No_STG

If you have any concerns, your best bet is to drop the game and play something else.
  10. Pirbi

There is a creek down in a little valley about a mile from my house that I shout into.
    • Up x 2
  11. Celeris

A home invasion is probably your best bet.

(this is of course a joke)
  12. Goldmonk

You could possibly kidnap Cap'n Higgles.
  13. DeadlyPeanutt

"Where can I voice my opinions on the game and be heard by devs?"

in your dreams?
  14. DeadlyPeanutt

donate $100,000 to DBG.... they might listen to you then

(works for politicians)
  15. 000AmidimA000

Radar X has responded to some of my posts on this forum. He usually says something like "This post does not meet TOS" or "This Post has violated the forum guidelines and will be locked". I have not seen him say anything constructive about any of the comments beyond just the run of the mill "We here at DBG appreciate you all" horse nuggets that they tell us to try to persuade us all they still actually give two flying burritos about their player base.

Will you heard if you post here on the forums? Sure, they'll hear you.

Will you be listened to? Fudge no. Not a chance.
  16. Littleman

They'd be obligated to. I wonder if DBG is even worth that much at this point?
  17. ronjahn

After listening to Sony's Q4 Earnings call, they were able to write-down about $50million due to the sale of SOE. If Sony was able to do that and the company is worth less then $100K, Colombus Nova has made a VERY bad investment.

TLDR: DGC is worth a lot more than 100k.
  18. Eternaloptimist

Or maybe they don't have enough hours in the day? But they answered a load of questions recently. Wherever those questions were posted is the place to go I imagine but to expect a personal answer to every query.......nah, not going to happen.

I'm not being a DBG fanboy but I do work for a software development company with thousands of customers using our products and a helpdesk. There are certain practicalities that cannot be avoided like having to evalaute and then batch similar comments together so as to give one response, the time it takes to change and test and release software and the number of times you have to keep telling different people the same things over and over. Oh, and we publish a regular eBulletin with all the details of what we are doing, have done etc. Stats indicate that fewer than 11% of people who get them bother to open them and fewer still actaully pay attention to what is in them.

And, of course, the crowning finale (which could be a metaphor for forumside): Change something because loads of people complained about it and they all go silent.......... and are replaced by complaints from all the previously silent people who didn't want it changed in the first place.

I love playing PS2 as is and sometimes I think the best improvement I could suggest is a new faction where I could give complementray F2P accounts to all my customers who complain. Then I could machine gun their avatars.
    • Up x 1
  19. AxiomInsanity87

Ps2 reddit.

Most of us are pointlessly discussing here and we know it lol.
  20. Littleman

And their development cycle for PS2 is THIS slow!? EQN better be balls-to-the-wall mind blowing.