When you're the pilot of 12/12 Galaxy and you accidentally crash...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NovaAustralis, Aug 16, 2013.

1. NovaAustralis

FFFFFFUUUUUU:

We've all been there at least once, I'm sure. (some more than others... me :( )

Whether it's an antenna at the very top of a tower that brushes against your wing sending the Galaxy whipping into the tower and exploding in a ball of fire and bodies,
    or an extra long branch that just catches your fuselage and sends your bird spudding into the grass,
    or a random boulder in the middle of an otherwise featureless plain that your belly bounces off and flips your Galaxy into the dirt...
    Maybe your attention drifted for just a second.
    Maybe you pressed the 'down' key, when you meant to press the 'up' key.
    Maybe your pet cat decided at that moment to attack your computer mouse.

You are now responsible for the untimely and unnecessary deaths of 11 other players... :mad:

Also, a hefty chunk of Air resources has also just gone up in smoke, so you likely won't be flying for a while anyway.

Advice for the poor passengers:
    If you are a passenger in a Galaxy that accidentally crashes, please take the following advice:
    - don't be too mad at the pilot. He's probably beating himself up more than anyone.
    - If the Galaxy pilot has logged out, it's probably because they rage quit in embarrassment and frustration.
    - If they haven't already rage quit, encourage them to try again, don't let one failure be the end of their piloting.
    - 99.9% of Galaxy pilots are trying very hard to NOT crash, so be certain that the crash was unintentional.
    - Finding good Galaxy pilots, heck ANY Galaxy pilots is rare these days, so please go easy on 'em! :)

Advice for fellow pilots:
    - As the pilot, knowing you just wasted 5-10 minutes of 11 other players lives is never a good feeling. :( Don't take it too badly, but be prepared for some ribbing and a dent in your confidence.
    - Most pilots like to show off, even a little, so we're doubly embarrassed when we crash while we're also show-boating. :oops: Take the lesson learned and fly safer next time.
    - Try not to think of the difference that those 11 players (probably squad mates) would have made to the battle you were trying to get to... it won't help your confidence recover either. ;)
    - Take solace knowing that nearly every friendly and enemy in that hex probably had a good chuckle at your misfortune (and your passengers) so, in a small way and unintentionally, you added to the fun of PS2. :)
    • Up x 2
  2. GSZenith

3. Psyqe

I've taken to flying high when any ESFs are around. I don't know what it is but friendly kamikaze scythe pilots love to ram me in the middle of nowhere. Usually it results in a barrel roll but I've been instagibbed with my 11 passengers twice. Maybe it's the MLG decal.
  4. NikkoJT

Good advice!

If I may make two points-

• Do you have any advice for the ESF pilot who accidentally explodes a 12/12 friendly Gal by flying near it?
    • The minimum safe height for doing barrel rolls in a 12/12 Gal is 700 metres.
    • Up x 1
  5. Kid Gloves

1)
    You have to be doing something pretty special to explode a galaxy in an ESF... if you do manage it, try and analyse it and use it again when an enemy Galaxy decides he wants to give you a mid-air hug.

I try to avoid friendly ESFs when my galaxy is lightly loaded. If I'm heavily loaded and on approach vector, I assume any friendly ESFs in the area are aware of my approach corridor and know to stay out of the way. Galaxy wins in Gal-ESF collisions.

2)
    Fixed it for you :)

I guess so far I've been very lucky, but I've only lost full galaxies to hostile fire. I've managed to lose a lightly loaded (2/12 or 3/12) galaxy to all manner of silly things, but show-boating is the most usual cause.

My advice to any galaxy pilot who manages to wrap their galaxy around something daft.. keep flying! And keep showboating! The more you do crazy things, the better you get at crazy things. :D

Galaxy is an amazing bird once you get a feel for her capabilities. The point a which enemy ESFs transition from 'predator' to 'prey' is a turning point in any Galaxy pilot's life.
  6. TheFullCologne

the esf doesnt ram the gal. the gal rams the esf ;D
  7. Bine

In Planetside 1, when I played TR and for the Black Ravens, this was the other way around for me. For some reason i had a knack of landing on 2/3 the squad when I piloted Galaxies. Everyone will come running outside and just derp out as I come in to land. I end up smashing 3-6 guys... My favorite had to be when I caught the clan leader by surprise and it ended up like the wicked witch being smashed by the house in Wizard of Oz. Just them feet sticking out...
  8. ScottishRoss

I am my outfits dedicated Galaxy pilot, and I definitely love flying 11 people over to a base to just see the yell chat from the opposing army go something like "Oh ****, GALAXY!".

The other day I actually got my galaxy landed behind a wall, nose pretty much brushing the tower. Then a flash or something drove by, nudging my galaxy closer, so that when I tried to take off I couldn't, and I was stuck. 400 aerospace resources. Goddammit.