When will we get the second batch of new gun models ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NightmareP69, Nov 14, 2013.

1. NightmareP69

Earlier this year we had an update which changed a fair amount of gun models, it made them look more unique so we can more easily tell which gun is which , however we still have alot of guns which look exactly the same when compared to each other, here's some examples :
    The TR LMG MSW-R
    [IMG]
    Now compare it to the TR's starting AR for their Medic , the T1 Cycler

[IMG]
    Only difference i can spot is than the LMG is slightly longer than the AR
    Here's one more example :
    The starting VS Carbine, The Solstice VE3
    [IMG]
    The Solstice SF
    [IMG]
    Only difference is, the Solsite SF is a bit Wider.

I'd really appreciate it if someone from the SOE Art team could comment on this thread, i really wanna have diffrent models for each gun.
    • Up x 3
  2. Bankrotas

Well Solstice SF is practically same Solstice but with more weapon addon options sacrificing stability of the gun. So I don't get your point about it.
    • Up x 3
  3. daniel696

Yes, this thing of same model to all weapons I never saw in my entire life of gaming, they should make them really different from each other making the players have a "felling" to the weapon he use.
  4. Makora

That's not the TRV, that's the T1 Cycler.

But other then that I must say I am in general turned off by the looks of TR weaponry. More variety? Yes please. but don't DARE touch the SABR. That baby is simply gorgeous.
    • Up x 2
  5. NightmareP69

I guess you could use that argument over why both models are the same but here, i think this is a better example of the issue we have with gun models :
    The semi-auto VS shotgun Thanatos VE70
    [IMG]
    The starting VS AR for the Medic Pulsar VS1
    [IMG]
    Why would an Assault Rifle and a Semi-auto shotgun have the exact same model ? The only diffrence is, the stocks on each gun have diffrent models but you can bearly even see them , even at max FOV.
    • Up x 1
  6. TheBloodEagle

Do NOT ruin my T1 Cycler. I love the model, same as I love the MSW-R. The T1 Cycler looks like an actual professional military weapon from the old school TR.

The T1 series and SABR-13 are beautiful in my opinion. Leave them alone. It's the VS weapons that look waaaaay too similar.
    • Up x 1
  7. tproter

Soon.

Or how about balancing the original batch of guns first.
  8. IamDH

A good majority of VS guns look identical

The point is that the guns look the same. I highly doubt this is aimed at the T1 or MSR-W

I do think that one of them should change tho. You have 2 identical guns, why would you want to keep them both?
  9. NightmareP69

Didn't say they look bad, just said they looked to similar, they don't have to do a major change in the models maybe just add few new parts onto the T1 or the MSW-R so they don't look the same
  10. TheBloodEagle

One is for HA, one is for Medic. I love the traditional look of the guns. I think the TRV looks fugly and the T32 as well.
    We've had countless threads about how similar the weapons look and I've contributed to those (made charts, etc), they no doubt do, but don't fugly up the actual good looking weapons.

I made this chart in a thread a long time ago, I completely understand the OP. But I just love the traditional look of the T1.

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  11. TheBloodEagle

They finally added a banana mag to the MSW-R, I love the look. I don't think I'd ever play Medic again if they made the T1 series look like the TRV or just added more geometry in some contrived manner.
  12. IamDH

I know i'll sound very annoying for saying this but... You wont know if the new design will be better/worse until you see it
    Also, your definition of good (and mine) will differ from person to person. For example: you hate the T32 and i like it but in the end we got variety which benefits us both
  13. TheBloodEagle

The main reason I don't like the T32 design is because its form doesn't follow function. It looks like a "bull" but doesn't actually operate like one. It's a lost 143 damage tier weapon, that isn't worth 1000 certs who's function is between a MSW-R and T16 but with no edge. I like the look but I don't like when a look doesn't follow function. Do you know what I mean? That's why I'm saying I don't want contrived guns just for the sake. If they had stuff on it to make it look a certain way, it should work like what the visual cue is hinting at. As soon as they do something unique with its stats, I'll love the T32 design; example: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/155-damage-tier.152594/ (BTW, T32 should get a sound change to something different & refreshing).

I don't like the TRV but the design makes it look likes its a insanely high ROF weapon because of the lower gas chamber (double barrel looking part). That's form following function. The shotgun shell geometry on its side looks bad though and useless.
  14. TheBloodEagle

The OP has an excellent case against Vanu though, the only difference between 5 LMG's is their buttstocks. (another of my images)

I'd agree that the Carv-S should get a visual change too but I love the regular Carv, MSW-R and TMG-50. I actually feel like a professional military soldier using them. The NC have visual variety going on more so except for the EM6 (I think) looking 99% identical to the Gauss SAW-S.

[IMG]
  15. Bankrotas

Not arguing about that. Only that Solstice VE3 and SF is bad example.
  16. Yuukikun

it will happen when there won't be any QQ threads anymore in forums (never)
  17. Lucidius134

I find it hilarious that NC are the only faction with 2 "AR-like" LMG's while having the worst CQC variety,.

Pulsar LSW and the GD-22s/LA-1 ANchor relationship need to be changed considering the MSW-R is a viable alternative for 100 certs where as the LSW and GD-22s are just crappy but cheap versions of expensive LMG's. Even the T32 Bull has a purpose.
  18. NightmareP69

We're here to talk about the gun models not the stats but yes, the 100 cert Pulsar LSW is very bad, specialy since theres a better version of the gun the SVA-88. The MSW-R is basicly the orion but with more attachments such as soft point ammo and an advance laser sight.
  19. libbmaster

How bout they make the guns different (and useful) stats wise from each other first?

Seriously. The number of redundant weapons, useless weapons or weapons that don't fit their faction attributes makes my OCD scream. May have inspired me to post about this...
  20. Lucidius134

I don't see how the models don't tie into the stats. TR and VS only got 1 AR-like and NC got 2. The 2 are just slightly different versions model and stat wise.