When will nc maxes get a medium range ai weapon?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by aynn, Aug 22, 2015.

1. aynn

Nc maxes have no sustainable power vs infantry (4 second reloads on shotgun and small magazine sizes are terrible). Nc maxes are also pulled much less compared to tr and vs maxes. Therefore nc have a more difficult fights against tr and vs (more enemy maxes).

At least make a common pool ns max ai weapon and a common pool ns max shotgun for tr and vs so they wont complain.
  2. pnkdth

And VS/TR does not have the same kind of alpha damage.

Also, #sluglyfe.
  3. Disconsented

4. Pelojian

• Up x 1
  5. BrbImAFK

If you NC want medium-range stuff, you'd best be prepared to sacrifice your close-range absolute OP'd domination. That's the only possibly way it would remain balanced. There's nothing worse than trying to take a point away from dug in NC, with splatMAX's on every door, or trying to keep 'em off a point, with a daisychain of said MAX's incoming etc. Until that gets nerfed, I'd be totally opposed to giving NC medium-range toys on top of it!
  6. \m/SLAYER\m/

it the only way to play with NC MAX. and on top of this, NC MAX has huge profile.
    now when i play NC MAX - there nothing to do outside of bio-lab. Bursters becomes better than shotguns. Falcons - similar to slug-shotgun, but you will run out of ammo before you will hit enemy tank. so the only weapon is Ravens (not only TR\VS tired of this sound).
    I play VS MAX - i have no limitations.
  7. lothbrook

Its not so much that NC max needs a medium range weapon, it kind of already does with slugs, the issue is that it has 0 staying power with slugs at that range, i mean what good is slugs if both arms run dry and all you've killed is 2 infantry, its just infuriating especially when you see VS and TR maxes at those ranges just laying down the pain while having an almost inexhaustable amount of ammo in each arm while also reload much quicker than an NC max.

I mean extended mags aren't even an option for NC they're a requirement, trying to use an NC max without it is a pointless endeavor, I just don't have fun using NC max as AI, as you spend so much time trying to find a good spot where infantry can't just hammer you from a far and reloading its just boring as ****.
  8. Pikachu

Maybe this. Been in the files for some months now. But most likely it will be MAX basilisks. Until then use slugs.
    [IMG]

You're unlikely to get a mid range weapon without TR and venu getting shotgun stuff which negates the ES variety.
    • Up x 1
  9. LodeTria

I've always wonder'd why vanu MAXes hold their busters upside-down. Seams they'll be holding this upside down too, although this seems more designed to be upside down, as only the handle is while the rest of the gun is normal.
  10. FieldMarshall

I use slugs personally.
    Sometimes Falcons. Its basically a quick-reloading RL primary and works fine for OHKs at medium range.
  11. asmodraxus

How about the day after the VS/TR get a instagib an infantry weapon
    • Up x 1
  12. Devilllike

Nc maxes have no sustainable power vs infantry
    HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

SERIOUSLY? DID SOMEBODY JUST SAY THAT? AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OMFG YOU MUST BE A REALLY BIG NOOB MATE
  13. Goretzu

They were supposed to be doing an NS MAX shotgun and an NS MAX sort of Basilisk weapon, no idea when/if they'll ever appear however.
  14. Jubikus

Noticed how you didnt used the TR max there :( tho i cant blame you we do have more bullets than god in our magazines but they dont do too much they can do great sustained in groups but every max is effective in groups. Tr and Vs maxes do have more range but at least from a Tr standpoint using mercys which are designed for better range their actual effective range isnt that good you rely more on sheer spray and pray and situations where it comes in handy not a common thing as many people can get to cover before they die.

So what do the NC get well they have crap range pretty bad sustain and insane burst damage and a huge profile and well in my opinion its fine the profile thing is kind of bad but none of us are the super models the VS are but that aside the max functions fine its lack of sustained fire is in most battles a non issue as its easy enough to get cover to reload and its insane burst allows it to easily defeat enemy maxes that are also running AI weapons and kill infantry before they can do their thing ive had times where even with overshield head on with an NC max ide often die before i could aim and fire a decimater where with VS max i could aim fire then die but hay they lost half their health so ive learned to just hipfire decimaters against NC and well even with their huge profile the ******* decimater fired from the hip has a mind of its own.

Now AI maxes in this game are pretty well balanced the NC have a different play style that works for them which leads to people thinking they they are either OP or UP but in reality they are fine working as intended does their job a different example of this in the game would be harasser weapons saron,vulcan,enforcer where they all have the same roll but the Vulcan does it in a different style which leads some people to believe its OP but in actually performance statistics all 3 weapon preform their rolls really closely.
  15. Liewec123

sad to say it but just use ravens, its cheap, its cheesy, it'll cause ragetells but its the only reliable mid/long range AI option we have.

forget spending 2700 on slug mattocks and praying to RNGesus that the slug actually goes where you're aiming...[IMG]
    unless you want to spend your time crouched and stationary (C4MePlx)

that being said one of the biggest things on my wishlist is for more faction diversity,
    so it'd be very hypocritical if i agreed to them adding a Mercy/Blueshift clone for NC and making a shotgun clone for VS/TR.
    • Up x 1
  16. 0fly0

[IMG]
  17. OldMaster80

Your ai weapon will have a reasonable range when your main av weapon will be taken to a reasonable range.
  18. Chewy102

Look at the play hours for ALL the weapons instead of just just the free weapons. This is all the MAX AI weapons added up for 8/22. Not perfect, but it works.

TR- 1,264
    VS- 1,202
    NC- 995

Notice NC MAX play hours are about 20% lower. Now look at the total users for the same date.

TR- 5,307
    VS- 5,034
    NC- 4,760

This time NC is only 6-11% behind. But still lacking more than enough to make problems. Now compare those hours to users. U / PH to get a rough average of play time.

TR- 4.19
    VS- 4.18
    NC- 4.78

Odd. NC spends the most time in MAXes by a rather large amount. Wonder what the kills come up to.

TR- 26,714
    VS- 26,895
    NC- 26,260

NC in last again, but only by up to 3%. Not a big number and shows NC MAXes are doing what they can for AI. If that is in farms or not I can't say. At least they are trying to keep up. KPU comes to.

TR- 5.03
    VS- 5.34
    NC- 5.51

NC won something for once. Though with how we are comparing shotguns to MMGs, they are not going to line up anyway. Look at infantry shotgun KPUs compared to Carbine/Assault Rifle KPUs for an example. Shotguns tends to be higher from being a niche weapon not used outside of a niche when the others are used about everywhere. Though the VS MAX AI KPU is to ******* high in my opinion next to TRs. On to kills per hour.

TR- 21.13
    VS- 22.37
    NC- 26.39

NC on top again. But as I said just above, shotguns don't share data to with other weapons. Shotguns, once more, have a higher normal KPH than other weapon types from being more niche than them. If you are spending less time using a shotgun in total but more time in it's perfect areas, then you are going to get more kills in that time than someone who is using a weapon for going everywhere under the sun with lots of travel time between fights of nothing going on. It's suicide using a shotgun outdoors, so no one uses a shotgun for outdoors or dies trying to faster than those using other weapon types from not being able to fight back.

I can go on. Iv been doing these debates for years now. Fact is NC MAXes are not good for PS2 gameplay as their shotguns aren't of use around the whole of bases. That leads to fewer NC MAXes (proof above), who leads to NC infantry fighting more MAXes without help, and that leads to NC getting **** on in alerts and overall base fights.

NC isn't just hard mode from harder to use weapons. It's hard mode from having to fight more with having less. NS MAX weapons have been extremely needed since ******* beta, and I fought to try and get them since then. But no. The devs had other things in mind like selling hats while leaving a faction to rot.
    • Up x 1
  19. lothbrook

Admit it, you have no idea what that word means.
  20. EViLMinD

NC have the BEST cqc AI and the BEST longrange AV, however we could use a midrange machinegun for AI. It would make our scrubbers happy that that don't have to learn how to use Mattocks w/ slugs or Falcons (which are super flippin awesome when used properly). Give NC a slow rof automatic. Something easy to learn and spam at infantry. Single fire guns seem to frustrate our (many) bads too much.

No more of this NS bs, though. ES stuff is way more interesting. NS just waters down the faction flavors. I'd rather my faction excelled in certain areas at the cost of being weaker in others.