When should I spend ISO-4?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Alexander Chadwick, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Alexander Chadwick

I currently have quite a lot of ISO-4 stored up right now.

I'm looking for Exceptional implants, but those are so rare.

I've heard that the Sanctuary will have all exceptional implants in the future, which I am willing to wait for. But i haven't seen any confirmation about that. Can anyone confirm?

Should I wait for sanctuary to offer implants, or use all my ISO-4 and try and get the implants that way?
  2. NotziMad

I don't know anything about what they are planning to do with ISO or implants.

But if you want to spend it, the only thing you can spend it on, is implants.

If you want exceptional implants, it's a lottery. You can either buy :

Baisc Implant
    Deluxe Implant
    (with certs)

or

Isco 4 recycler
    (with Iso).

I can't remember the stats exactly, but I'm pretty sure they're wrong anyway, but basically, every time you buy a Iso 4 recycler, you get implants, and "a chance" to get an exceptional implant.

You can get exceptional implants using the cert pack, but the chance is really really low.

So basically, buy lots and lots of ISO 4 recycler packs and hope not only that you get a or more exceptional, but that it's the one yoiu actually want :)

What I do is buy the 750 cert pack, then "breakdown duplicates". That won't really get you many exceptional implants, but it'll give you lots of ISO you can spend.
  3. TRspy007

I doubt they'll ever put all the implants in the sanctuary. You can craft a few, but there's no way they'll hand out the exceptional for free when they can make people pay real money for them.

Spend your iso upgrading implants to max tier, if you already did that, craft the ones you want, upgrade those, and then dump your iso into the iso recycler.
  4. ZDarkShadowsZ

Originally they were working towards allowing players to craft Exceptional implants for a very large quantity of ISO. I'm not sure what happened with that idea.

I've put a lot of ISO and certs into implants. On one of my NC characters I got 1 exceptional, and my TR main got 2. Both exceptionals were Cold Heart. This isn't to say you should base your decision of my experience, but I just wanted to share it.

Personally I think if you're just looking to get rare implants specifically, I would wait. There's absolutely no point in wasting your time putting 500 ISO into the recycler only for a slightly better chance at getting an exceptional than buying an implant pack.
  5. NotziMad

I made a short video on this subject not that long ago :

In my experience, the chances of getting an exceptional implant with the recycler are much much higher! (think somone said something like 0.1 for one at 0.6 for the other but I don't know about that)

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps...exceptional-changed-1-20-minute-video.253612/