When is the construction update likely?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OpolE, Feb 16, 2023.

1. OpolE

My entire outfit has quit for now. Needing a reason to play and keep the ASP guys playing over and over. These valentines type updates are not good enough for loyal players who've spent $1000's on the game..
    • Up x 1
  2. RabidIBM

Honestly, later is better. 1 because I don't have confidence that they aren't just going to completely ruin construction, and I'd like time on it while it's still somewhat viable. 2 because I'd rather have new content polished then on schedule.
  3. OSruinedPS1

4. T.A.94

Wrel stated on reddit we will see the first changes on PTS end of March and it will likely be implemented sometime in April.

Also Oshur adjustments will come along in the same update (includes changes or removal of Mirrorbay)
  5. OneShadowWarrior

Honesty in my opinion a very unexciting roadmap. If I want construction rather go play Rust.

My outfit keeps wondering where I am at. MW2 and Rust. Planetside heading the wrong direction.
  6. OgreMarkX

Given the dev's hot take on construction just a bit earlier that went something like: 'Do you guys think base builders should get free kills from pain spires and turrets...'

...I have little faith a construction revamp will be any good. That statement above showed how very very very very very very very very very very little understanding the speaker has of construction, of what it takes it to do, how very little reward vs the effort and frustration.

Any player contribution except kills is given zero consideration--which puts the game design and player focus in the wrong area for an enjoyable, diverse game style. Instead, it encourages exploiting the game engine for KDR.

Construction done right = increased player choice. And that doesn't sit well with a central planner mindset.

Construction was done wrong the first time when what I think was a dedicated dev group specific to it was assigned. Construction revamp now will suffer from "Infil/Light Assault KDR focus" design mentality.
  7. VV4LL3

Why cant wrel state this on the product he's designing, own forum? *facepalm*

It's ok.... We're still waiting for the NSO balance & updates promised 6+ months ago