When are you removing Lockdown/ZOE bonuses from NS weapons

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MykeMichail, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Flaeb

Bursters belong to the Terran Republic, the NC and VS stole our technology.
  2. Alkezo

This is inherently false. Scythes and Reavers have the exact same cruising speed. However, not only does the Reaver have more Afterburner fuel it has has a higher top speed with its afterburner. I tested the difference between the two in the VR room because I was tired of this misinformation constantly being spread. If you want to refute this, go test it yourself.

As for the rest of your post, the Reaver can do amazing maneuvers while dogfighting and evading flak.
  3. Rook

No need to even go that far. The problem is already present with Bursters. Lockdown and ZOE gave the TR and VS a significant boost in their AA effectiveness, whereas the shield does **** all for an NC Burster.
  4. Tasogie

Well I will agree on one part. ESF's are a laughingstock now, but the Reaver is one of the most deadly weapons in the game, it just takes a HUGE amount of practice. Trouble is, that is fine for Air to Air. But, for Air to ground the ESF has become little more than annoyance. an this is the really confusing part. I think SOE are now changing the game to keep the idiot fringe COD players happy. They also want to get those narcissistic ego maniacs from mlg involved.

As for MAX's, sorry man I disagree whole heartedly. The NC MAX's are brutal an always have been. they just have different jobs. All the Max's dont need to be exact mirrors of each other. They "Should" have different jobs.

NC Max is a master at indoor fighting, not to mention its new AT Launchers are brutally efficient.
    TR Max, is now something not to be taken lightly, I ran into a Silly TR MAX rush in bio last night. an while I killed 4 of them in my VS MAX, they totally ignored me in their rush.. When the fifth one took notice of me... it was not even a competition :).. I dont mind that.
    VS MAX, is finally, worthwhile playing, it is exellant at AA, an very very good at long range AT. But, the VS dies MUCH faster than other two, an that it's balance.
  5. Ganelon

How about:

Remove the increased RoF effect lockdown has on bursters, but keep the increased velocity and decreased reload speed.

Deal?
  6. Tasogie

lol hardly man, the NC Max is meant for indoors where it exells, an easily outdoes the other two. Each MAX has its job an they are now finally all balanced.
  7. BarxBaron

Are you serious?
  8. DOXaus123

Lockdown is such a niche ability, its only worthwhile use is with bursters because you're using it in a safe zone on a friendly airtower etc so not being 24/7 sniped by AP/sarons/AV turrets etc.

Due to the deploy and especially un-deploy time (2 seconds each) you cant really use it for anything other than trolling, ie defending the jump pad at skydock mesa or being the 18th wheel spamming a doorway.. your role there isnt even needed due to the numbers and only safe time to lockdown when you have those numbers. But doing anything halfway useful for your team like assaulting a base or defending from a wall etc.. will get you AV sniped a couple times before you can even un-deploy.

Personally i'd like to see the buff of 50% rof etc dropped to 20% for all weapons, but the un-deploy time dropped to 1 sec.. or completely frontload to a 3-4 sec deploy but almost instant un-deploy. As it is, would you ever not take the charge mobility ability....unless you have ZOE :)
  9. treeHamster

I'm not really sure that the damage boost is all that great on ZOE unless you're at the higher levels. I have ZOE rank 1 and I can viably say I'm doing a LOT better at playing AA simply because of the *** rainbow tracers that ZOE puts on all the weapons fire. It makes it a LOT easier to see where my shots are and adjust my aim during daytime (even more so during night).

So ZOE may give Bursters a damage buff but the real benefit is better tracer fire for aiming adjustments. Ironically one of the downsides to ZOE is actually a benefit for AA.
  10. RHINO_Mk.II

How bout instead NC can fire a burster with their left arm while their right arm is projecting the shield.
  11. Phrygen

lockdown not applying to bursters means that lockdown is completely useless.

so never.

how bout no
  12. Lyel

It makes MUCH more sense for ZOE not to effect bursters, because ZOE Maxs can actually dodge incoming fire and move to better locations faster.

Lockdown, however, is ONLY useful for bursters! If you remove that, you will have an ability that has little to no uses in Planetside 2.

So for now, I'm fine with ZOE's effecting bursters. So long as Lockdown has that as well.
  13. treeHamster

Uh...with the nerf from last week, they dodge incoming vehicle fire about as well as Sundy's do. That's for what, a small boost in damage? Big deal considering you take a LOT more damage (vehicles use AoE so you can't "dodge" the splash) and all your rounds have tracers that can be seen from space.
  14. Lucidius134

Flamethrowers were in beta. They were only removed BECAUSE of their performance. Not everyone is a December Launch-Day player.