When are we removing maxxes??

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LT_Latency, May 3, 2013.

1. LT_Latency

Close combat is getting pretty sad.

Biolabs are just a sea of maxes standing in every doorway with a sea of engs healing them them and then a sea of medics healing the engs.

If it was for the fact that you can get a insane amount of exp just holding mouse one as a eng healing the maxes standing in the doorways it would be unbearable
    • Up x 1
  2. Zorro

MAXes are the true heavy infantry, similar to the Marauder and Firebat from StarCraft II. I see no problem with them.
    • Up x 11
  3. Xind

MAXs are an integral and nostalgic part of Planetside. While they may not be the most balanced units between factions, they're fun to use and they can be fun to fight against. And they look pretty damn cool.
    • Up x 4
  4. Jkar

More and more people probably got sick of being one shot killed by PA shotguns like I have and opted to counter them but not join the shotgun idiocy.
    • Up x 4
  5. Farlion

I have no problem with them. In fact, I love them.
    Gunning down that engineer who's focused on repairing and then C4'ing the max.

But then again, I play LA. I can understand the annoyance if I'd play anything else.
  6. ItsJustDash

So when are we removing the kids?
    • Up x 11
  7. LT_Latency

My problem with them is they are slow and don't use much aim because the weapons spray. Which means the almost 0 skill cap. You just sit and spray and pray.

This removes a vital part of infantry FPS combat which made games like Counter Strike or CoD hugely popular. Quick twitchy shooting while using movement to avoid damage and managing your recoil.

Now it's just stand there and wail away on each other.
  8. Sifer2

The real problem is Infantry are too frail. TTK is too low. Infantry should be beefier. We should see Medics actually trying to heal people instead of just reviving. And MAX's should be even beefier basically more like vehicles. But taking extra damage from AV weapons. But that was PS1. And this is PS2. Where indoor combat is a funny comedy.

Anyway you can't blame people for using the MAX's in the only place the devs designed them to be of any use. Aside from camping an spamming in the biolab they are not good for anything except AA.
    • Up x 5
  9. siiix

LOL how are maxes any different then shotguns ?

dont be hppocrates people :)

just to keep it clear i dont see anything wrong with either.. just saying
  10. Jkar

You obviously never used a MAX, especially with the most accurate and most common guns like the Blueshift or Mercy. The NC MAX is the only MAX that just needs to be in your face and press LMB + RMB like most shotguns.
  11. WalrusJones

We may want to look into re-doing the resource system to make spam nonviable.
  12. HadesR

Or maybe like some one mentioned in another thread .. Treat them more like a vehicle .. They can be repaired but not rezzed.
    • Up x 1
  13. Rob2Kx

blah blah blah
  14. wingspan

Does the solution have to be to nerf MAXes? I always wondered why you couldn't take out generators to power down the Biolab, including its outer shield, allowing some pummeling by air or hotdrops.

Maybe that's an engine limitation, but it sounds like the problem is with Biolab chokepoints rather than the symptom, mass camping with CQC weapons (such as MAXes).
  15. Krayus_Korianis

Let me ask you a question OP... When are they going to remove shotguns? Now, think on that and then get back to all of us.
  16. Greenspore

Maxes are not the problem. You need to use C4 or inform someone in your squad who has some. There are counters for almost everything in the game and with enough time you will become as skilled as this guy.

Devote him your subs, and maybe earn some SC while your at it!
  17. Zeekez

I dunno, I play LA and refuse to use shotties - I consider them the weapons for people who can't aim and I usually don't bother with a MAX, I just take extra joy in c4'ing MAXs and carbining down pumpshotty users. Sure if I get killed by a pump shotty user I'll rant [at my screen] about him being an unskilled noob, and if a MAX killed me it's usually because I did something stupid like tried to c4 charge it.

The point is, a pump shotty user is only effective REALLY close, 9 times out of 10 you can gun them down out of their range. MAXs? Their big and slow. Why do people think everyone should be able to kill everything? You can pull a LA w / 2 c4 over and over, whereas a MAX costs resources and has a cd.

Hell today the TR did a MAX rush at rashnu biolab - with AI MAXs of course, so I pulled a dual-falcon AV MAX and killed 6 enemy MAXs before they got me. PS2 is a big game of Rock-Paper-Scissors, stop ******** when you can't kill everything with scissors [ie; one class].
    • Up x 2
  18. LT_Latency

Not sure what that has to do with me.

I don't own or use them. I don't like think that require little to no aim. I have no problem with one shot kill weapons but they should require a high degree of aim and all other weapons need to have a low time to kill.

This is my over all problem with maxes. The bog the game play down to stuff that requires little actual aimming which is one of the most important things in a FPS.

You are either sluging it out with you maxes. healing something. or drive bomb with c4.
  19. subz3r01337

20. Bape

I use max to avoid dieng by PA.