What's your ping?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nocturn0l, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Nocturn0l

It was already on PTS and now made it to live apparently.

The TAB menu now shows your ping (i think) in the bottom right.

I'm shocked by the results though. I'm sitting on a 1/16 mbit dsl (up/down) and pinging the server ip via cmd gives around 50 ms, which i consider ok since the servers are in the netherlands i presume.

The ingame menu however hovers around 80-100ms with nothing going on and increases to a steady 160-180ms during 48+/48+ fights. Which is also my main probem, as it seems i completely lose control of the game, bullets and explosions hitting me out of nowhere, which is no wonder when everyones is experiencing the same increase as i do, clientside hit detection will totally ruin your day!

So what's it for you?
  2. Dragoon_Hunter22

160ms-240ms

Just need to be mindful of your echo that people see 1/4 of a second behind you. That means you need to dive to cover before they start firing.
  3. Ash87

100-150, typically around 110-120
  4. Prudentia

between 60 and 150
    on Amerish in the emptiest part of the map.
    i'm thinking of returning to other games where i had a crappy 20-30ms...
  5. Ribero

70-120, typically around 80-100
  6. LibertyRevolution

The servers need a latency check, they should not let people with 100+ pings on the server.
    I have seen screenshots from others with 350ms pings and that are GREEN still and considered good..
    Someone needs let SOE know 350ms pings are considered horrible RED on other games..
  7. Luighseach

In most games I get around 70-100. In planetside 2 I get between 100-300 depending on the fight. I get better ping to the PTS(70ish) than Waterson which at its highest was 88.
  8. Niller

It's about 80-100, sometimes my game lags out though and I deal no damage at all. I am not sure if that has to do with ping though it stops when I change continent, annoying as hell though.
  9. Azarga

100-130, tbh I expected hoped it will be more decent.
  10. hawken is better

Between 60 and 4,000. I don't know what the **** has been going on with the server over the last few days, but at least now I know why I'm getting all these questionable/downright BS deaths.
  11. Kite Carling

I f I do a regular ping right it's 190 ms to Connery.

In game, at the warpgate it seems to average about 235ms , peaking at 260ms. Dunno about fights yet.

Also,
    Don't be a fool. This is a game with servers at fixed locations. People typically have no option to magically reduce their ping since it's a factor of geographical distance.
  12. Leondre

Sitting at about 100.
  13. NoctD

48 ms to Waterson - do I win?
  14. NinjaTurtle

15. Pikachu

Jumps constantly between 60 and 170. :confused: One time I had a short lasting super lag with 6000 ping where tanks flew back and forth crashing into each other exploding. Then my sunderer flew into a lightning crushing it and someone else crushing my sunderer a moment later.
  16. WyrdHarper

It's extremely variable. Last night I went between 26 and ~150. Really weird, because it was independent of where I was and fight size.
  17. salembeats

18. CapperDeluxe

Usually my ping should be ~50ms, but last night i had instances of 400-600. No idea whats going on, unless it has to do with the recent winter storm (on the east coast US), maybe?
  19. f0d

40-50
    love having an aussie server :)

(on ps1 it was 300 with no aussie server :( )