whats wrong here

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Kalari, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Kalari

after much trying this and that im currently running around with this build ive dubbed "Helljumper"

EM6 with compensator fore grip 2x sight
    magshot
    Shrike launcher (will be upgraded to hawk with the next 250 certs as it can be dumbfired)
    resist shield rank 2
    frag grenades
    nade belt rank 3
    medkit rank 2
    -no implant- none that i have seem a good choice

the problem is....
    i die a little *too* often even at the ranges that the EM6 allows. now either i suck (totally possible) or there is something fundamentally wrong with the gear i have picked. i have it geared out for anti infantry for either attacking or defending a point. hence also why i have the nade belt. i did use the Gauss saw before but i keep goin for the EM6 as it suit be a bit better. but i *think* my issue is the shield i picked. it seems to just do jack for what i need and want it to do. works great when im not getting hit which kinda defeats the purpose of it.

i dont have many options to swap out with as im only a br 38. but i do have....
    concussion nades, the warden, gausssaw, GD-22s both fully kitted, NMG rank 4, EM1, ASC rank 4 and NW rank 4
    -implants: regen 2, EOD HUD,safe fall 3

so do i need to L2P or do i need to scrap this loadout and start fresh?
  2. Aloofgoof

To be quite honest, dying too often is usually a result of playstyle, situational awareness, and the type of battle you are in as opposed to your build. Even the most skilled player with the "best" build for a situation will get absolutely destroyed if he runs into a room alone and is jumped by 3 barely competent players. If you want to decrease the amount of deaths you have, you really just need to play more conservatively and take less risks. Personally I don't recommend doing this as the game is really more fun when you don't worry about deaths.

That said, I'd recommend using the following build.

GD-22s - 2x or 3.4x scope, forward grip (it's quick reload and overall stats are far more useful than the larger clips and slow reloads of other NC LMGS)

Hawk - just more versatile in general

NMG - In practical terms, the NMG is far more useful than the resist shield. Yes you might get a little bit more effective HP out of the resist shield but that extra hp is only useful if you use the shield to your death. In many instances where you pop the shield and take some damage and run behind cover, you'd have to pop a medkit if you are running resist but you likely wouldn't with NMG.

Frag is fine though you'll want to get AV later simply because of the directive and for anti max purposes later.

and honestly Nanoweave is what you should be running. It won't do a huge amount but any decrease in damage will help especially if you are worried about dying too often.

Regen implant is useful too but not really necessary.

Hopefully this helps.
    • Up x 2
  3. Asageh

Everything here is almost like my Room Breaching loadout, swap out the resist for Adrenaline Shield (NMG if you haven't certed Adrenaline yet) and get another rank of medkits. You should be set to go at this point.

With my personal experience with this loadout is that you need to ADS a lot with this loadout, keep your distance in open field fights, spam your nades into the point of you know that it's full of enemies, be the first one in, live or die.
  4. Saool

The EM6 is one of favourite LMGs in the game. I am more accurate with it than any other LMG, save maybe the Flare. I would say it's your defences that are your weakness. Resist 2 is not going to be doing a whole lot of resisting to be honest and there is nothing of note under it (granted nanoweave would be pointless).

So I would change to NMG and pop on the Nanoweave. You want to max both out. If you have a high kill rate go with Adrenal and nanoweave. For someone like me that plays more cagy and flanks a lot I run with NMG 6 and Nano 5. A full set of Regen kits and Battlehardened in the implant slot.
  5. Erendil

I'm mainly going to just reiterate what others have said. In most cases, positioning, initiative, and situational awareness mean as much or more than what gear you have. That said, the right setup can oftentimes tip the balance against an otherwise equally-skilled foe. So, looking at what you have available, and given you state that survivability is an issue, here's what I'd do:

First get rid of the extra frag grenades. They're too unreliable in PS2 and generally won't help you much in firefights w/ competent opponents. Either replace them with concussion grenades, or get rid of the bandolier and use NW or ASC instead:
    • Use ASC w/ Resist if you're skirmishing at medium range or defending a point. Stick close to cover and be ready to duck down as soon as you start taking damage. This combo works best where your enemy is trying to nickel and dime your shields away, like plinking at you from long range, or spamming nades into a point you're defending.
    • Use NW + NMG Shield if you're attacking/resecuring a point. This setup lets you survive higher bursts of damage but it takes a lot longer to recover than Resist once the shield is knocked down. Good for when you're trying to breach a doorway and have a bit of time to recover between encounters. Adrenaline Shield is generally a straight upgrade to NMG, but it's expensive cert-wise.
    Next, at the very least equip the Regen II implant and then forget about it, esp if you're running Resist shield so you're health stays topped off w/o you having to waste medkits. But Battle Hardened is the implant you want. I almost completely removes screen shake from explosions, and drastically reduces the amount of flinch you suffer when taking damage (flinch messes up your weapon's accuracy).

Everything else looks good. The EM6/Shrike is a solid, versatile combo. Although the Hawk is better when outdoors for added AA ability. EM6 attachments are good too.
  6. Kalari

ty all for the advice and as it now sits,

i now have regen 3 and a hawk launcher added to my personal armory. im useing my medic to earn certs for my heavy and infi.
    i wouldnt say ive quite mastered being a decent front line fighter just yet (non support role) but atleast im makin headway
  7. DCWarHound

You could learn better positioning by using a shotgun with the HA (also cert income will increase drastically).Go to an almost empty base and go play hide and seek with 5 or so defenders.You should be able to 1vs1 anyone with the shotgun close up and maxes you can handle at medium range with the rocket launcher.