What's the Vanu weakness supposed to be?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Flamgino, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Ronin Oni

He's talking about player usage stats, not vehicle/weapon capability stats.

KPU/KPH/etc

THe problem is those stats ARE skewed by playerbase.... unfortunately more good players HAVE switched to VS because of organized outfits and getting tired with the seemingly rampant idiocracy infesting both TR and NC factions on Emerald.

Connery seems more balanced, the VS less organized, the TR and NC more organized.

Emerald though man... it's no wonder every NC/TR Emerald player has such a skewed view of the game. It's largely a faction wide organizatrional issue though.

TR & NC both are rife with infighting, lack of coordination, over-zerging, poor deployment, etc.

My 2 Emerald chars are TR and NC.

My NC has always been a pain to play having come from Matherson. I was hoping the Waterson NC was going to make it more enjoyable but they didn't help enough. (They DID improve the overall NC though)

I stopped playing my Waterson TR much when TR hit critical mass on that server (when I started maining VS connery for a while), but I miss my OG server Jaeger more than anything. Waterson deluded the tightness coordination, and then becomming Emerald was just terrible.

Waterson VS was amazing with low pops though, so when they merged into Emerald they took that coordination to a bigger scale, and since attracted many displaced players who grew frustrated with idiocracy.

That's my take on the whole situation anyways.
  2. ATRA_Wampa-One

Really?

http://ps2oraclestats.com/monthly-vehicle-deaths/

Because I'm pretty sure that says C4 is better against vehicles than the FPC is while the P2 AP and Titan AP both beat C4 by a pretty large margin.

And yeah, the VPC is good... too bad the P2 AI is better while also having easily the better secondary vs the PPA, a secondary so bad that the canister beats it by over 50%.

Because that's what I'm seeing from those stats.
  3. JohnGalt36

4. JohnGalt36

But like I said, the devs could give VS god-mode and you'd still make a convoluted case for them being the underdog.
  5. ATRA_Wampa-One

How?

T2 AP VKPH: 13.68
    FPC VKPH: 11.86

T2 AP VKPU: 5.51
    FPC VKPU: 5.4

T2 HE KPH: 45
    VPC KPH: 44.1

T2 HE KPU: 13.53
    VPC KPU: 11.98

So yeah... the Mag beats the Prowler only at KPU on it's AI gun.
  6. JohnGalt36

My quote that was in question : "Yet it outperforms the Vanguard in AV and both the Vanguard and the Prowler in AI."

The stats
    VPC: 13.52 KPU, 44.1 KPH > Prowler: 11.98 KPU, 45 KPH > Titan HE: 10.89 KPU, 36.33 KPH
    FPC: 5.4 VKPU, 11.86 VKPH > Titan AP:5.27 VKPU, 11.27 VKPH

The only thing the Prowler outperforms the Magrider in AI-wise is KPH. It's obliterated in KPU.
  7. Randazzo

You win Planetside.
  8. MikeyGeeMan

It would be nice to know how dense the action is.

All these stats are missing something, context.

I am sure those numbers would fluctuate wildly if you were able to bucket up kpus etc in an area where it was 20v20. And 20v10. 96v96.
  9. Mxiter

FTFY
  10. Isokon

Have you looked at the secondaries? Also, what do you say regarding HEAT?
  11. Ronin Oni

Well, there WAS a surge of players to abuse both PPA and ZOE, but I think most of those types left after they were nerfed into oblivion.
  12. Devilllike

None tight clothes
  13. asmodraxus

Lets see faction bonus's

NC Damage per shot and lots of shotguns
    TR Dakka need more dakka
    VS Mobility, versatility

This translates to in game

NC get large alpha damage at the cost of reload speed (splatter max's, splatterhammer etc).
    TR get either faster fire rate or large clips sizes (or both) at the cost of damage per bullet
    VS get no bullet drop and 0.75 ADS on 2 LMG's, and a heavy harasser that can go sideways on hills.

NC and TR get hard bonus's to some of their weapons in terms of combat ability, VS get no bullet drop (paid for by higher damage degradation and slower projectiles) and limited mobility.
  14. DeadlyPeanutt

vanu weakness... well, the purple tights look kind of silly.
  15. Negator

ah, the typical TR victim complex ****ter that doesnt understand the game.
  16. Mxiter

Typical VS superiority complex that think they are way smarter, understand better the game better tan others, plays better & whatever they does and they anything and that whatever tells others faction players, they're mad because bad.

There is a reason why vets rerolled way more on VS side than in others factions.

Stop being mad because ppl wants to balance empire and stop VS EZ mode.
  17. Ragnarox

Vanu is the masterrace, if you don't like it move along and cry in the corner.