What's the dumbest thing you have done in PS2?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by prodo123, May 21, 2015.

1. prodo123

We know PS2 is a pretty open game with lots of things to do. So out of all of them, what have you done that takes the crown for being most idiotic?

I'll start: I crouched in a pool of water in Amerish, and it turned out to be deep enough to kill me.
    • Up x 1
  2. Shiaari

Wait, this game has a drowning mechanic?

As for the dumbest--and most repeated--thing I do: Leap out of aircraft when trying to reload, and refusing remap the E key.
    • Up x 6
  3. GhostAvatar

When I was a noob I believed in Smedley.
    • Up x 7
  4. jstrecu

Joining the forums. I swear my IQ takes a hit when I read some of the threads, specially the "nerf this" ones :confused:
    • Up x 7
  5. GuhMaster2512

Not me but my friend who was new to the game and thought that a player could disarm mines by knifing them. It turned out that he knifed a tank mine which then killed a friendly sunderer and about 10 surrounding friendlies. Afterwards, there was a lot of yelling in proxy chat trying to figure out what had happened...
    • Up x 2
  6. FBVanu

When I was new I saw this thingy on the ground.. wondering what da heck that was.. so, smart as i was, i shot at it..

BOOOM

I died shooting an enemy mine in front of my feet. .. then I figured out what the "Q" button was for.
  7. DirArtillerySupport

Trying to shoot my gun while cloaked. :oops:
  8. AxiomInsanity87

Posting in this thread.

Its a very complex and exciting life.
  9. Grumblefern

Purchased the Striker.
    • Up x 3
  10. prodo123

It was as if I jumped into Heyoka Chemical Lab...if the liquid covers your head it kills you
  11. Shiaari

I gotta try this!
  12. Lucidius134

Buying SC
    • Up x 1
  13. cobaltlightning

The dumbest thing I did was probably the most enjoyable: I was one of 48 galaxies ramming into vehicles in a battle we could do little else in.

No body expects the Vanu Inquisition.
    • Up x 1
  14. Devrailis

There are parts of Amerish and Hossin where the "water" will instakill you.

It's less a drowning mechanic and more of an instakill barrier on top of a water asset.
  15. JohnGalt36

I high-centered my Vanguard on top of a tree on Amerish. I'm not even sure how it happened. I am trying to find the screenshot, but I must have deleted it or something.
  16. Tommyp2006

Probably those times where you push h to make the map bigger and accidentally press g at the same time... In a full spawn room.
    • Up x 1
  17. DeltaValkyrie

Was told there were mines up ahead. Said roger and ran over them mere 5 seconds later.... I'm clearly outstanding as a player :p
  18. Iridar51

Wasting so much money.
    • Up x 1
  19. Catalyist

That's one of the many Planetside 2 initiation rituals.

Relevant:

To contribute to this thread:
    I shot an enemy tank mine in front of my feet...
  20. Mythologicus

Literally three days ago, I saw a target and started to pursue in my Vanguard.

I made it all of five metres before I nose-dived into a huge ditch, got stuck, and fell through the terrain.