What's the best long range weapon for a Medic?

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Domari Nolo, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Domari Nolo

When I'm with the anti-tank crew helping them knock out the expensive toys it always seems like there's one sniper sitting out there picking us off. I can see him, but I struggle to hit him with the Gauss.

What's the best long range weapon to make those Infiltrators think twice about taking pot-shots at my crew? My main focus is long range accuracy. If I can poke them, they tend to move along.

Edit: I'm New Conglomerate, by the way.
  2. Vorenius

I wouldn't mind the answer to this as well, I don't really like the standard Gauss rifle.
  3. Lavalampe

Cause of bulletdrop all NC medic weapons lack at long distances. Maybe watch for some with High-Velocity Ammo. I play Vanu so I can not give you more precise advices, but we Vanu have the CME Rifle. It's made for long distance and with forgrip, compensator, high -velocity ammo and no bulletdrop it is very manageable. :)
  4. BombrMan

We TR have the SABR13 but it won't quite serve your purpose if you are looking to just poke at them. It will kill them.
    • Up x 1
  5. Garrix

Default gauss or the 35 round alpha unlock are probably best at range, there is also one with a 20 round clip designed for ranged combat, I forget the name though...
  6. Daswen

The 20rounds one is the Reaper DMR‚ but how really is the damage of this weapon? Its a semi auto using‚ so if damage is less than 2 shoot/1 kill‚ the ns-11a is better.
  7. Domari Nolo

I appreciate the feedback. I realize the game is still pretty new, so we're all learning. And, in response to some of the comments, yes I'd love to also kill them. But I need to hit them first.
  8. TormDK

I'm hugely disappointed with the Reaper DMR's performance. It looks great on paper, but the NS-11A outperforms it in actual combat in my experience. I had hoped the Reaper was similar to the G3A2 from the battlefield series, but so far I'm not seeing that, despite the stats it has.