What's more pointless aegies shield or lockdown?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Dragonblood, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Dragonblood

What's more pointless aegies shield or lockdown?
  2. Pikachu

Maybe you could ask the same for charge and ammo canisters for vanu. :D
  3. EvilKoala

Lockdown is useful at keeping enemies away, so long as you have enough support to completely supress them.. which means if you have that many people you probably could do it without lock down anyway..

Aegis shield is useful at getting near enemies, so you can instagib them with shotguns. Which is suicide if you don't defeat every last one of them, they'll probably kill you now that you can't charge out of there.
    • Up x 2
  4. Reavx

I like my shield thanks, destroy many zoe maxes with it..
  5. Dragonblood

I agree......you defeat your enemies, when you could have done the same without the new abilities..................and in every other situation they are either useless or utterly suicidal.
    • Up x 3
  6. ih8Darian

7. Dragonblood

heh?
    • Up x 1
  8. ih8Darian

I was trying to say that teamwork is pointless because you're complaining about the shield, eh never mind though. Considering you have a TR avatar hints that you probably don't care about shield much, and lockdown doesn't require teamwork at all. (It also is hard to use teamwork + shield anyways)
  9. IronWarrior

I like my Lock-down, I make everything fly away when I start shooting at them and for point defence, nothing says NOPE when you rapid fire frags in their faces.
  10. Slywether

Lockdown is growing on me, though I still want to be able to charge away when **** gets hairy. The benefit rarely seems to outweigh the cost for me personally.
  11. -Synapse-

You may want to see a doctor about that.
    • Up x 1
  12. Dragonblood

One of the things that annoys me the most is that VS Saron. It's capable of sniping a lockdowned Max from afar.......and the Max units is dead, before being able to unlock.
    • Up x 1
  13. Purg

Haven't utilised my lockdown much, just the odd Burster at the NC warpgate (but they appear to have toned down the bonus? Hope so) but I'm liking my shield the more I use it. Still seem to have situations where I'm getting full damage despite the shield pointed right at what's shooting at me but it's allowed a few pushes into what otherwise wouldn't have been possible with charge to clear an area.
  14. Liewec123

right now i'd say aegis, because when you use lockdown it does what it is supposed to, every time.
    when you use aegis alot of the time it won't even absorb the damage, some of the time it'll even be bugged slanted.
    working as intended it'd be an awesome tool but right now its too unreliable that its better to charge out.
    • Up x 1
  15. Cryptek

Ammo canister ;)
  16. Stormlight666

I just wish all the other Max Weapons had options for extra ammo/larged mag sizes.
  17. Liewec123

to elaborate on my earlier post about how buggy aegis is,
    when it bugs slanted it ends up like this...
    [IMG]
    this is'nt a rare bug it happens alot, and when its not this bug you'll still take too much damage
    through the shield anyway and die before it depletes at rank 3 or higher.

without bug fixes and reliably blocking front damage aegis will remain greatly inferior to charge.
    • Up x 2
  18. Vortok

Had the same thing happen to me via a Vanguard with an Enforcer... from 200m+ away. It's situational enough, making the root/unroot time significantly faster would be a nice buff to make it more viable for general usage without completely breaking it.

I wouldn't call either ability useless, though asking which one is more situational is a different matter.
  19. Ztiller

Hey look, another whine-post from someone with the creativity of a grey rock.

20. LayLow2013

that video is a bad. Fun but a giant wast of time. They outnumbered TR 10 to 1. they could have all just charged in with much more effect. instead of having shields out and slowy walking forward. Fun but usless
    • Up x 1