What's going on in this video?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dulu, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Dulu

Jump to 2:11

How is this guy able to lag so much he looks like a speed hacker, yet able to kill me?

And this guy?

Are they doing this? "Throttling" - toggling their internet connection so they "lag", but because all damage is client side, they are still able to kill people once they "toggle back"?

2. Dulu

Anyone?
  3. Hantak

On the first video it seems to me you got killed by a different guy, the one glitching all over the place had a very notorious camo(dark red with black) while the one on the kill screen had non at all, not sure if you took damage from it but you even register the last shots like coming from the left, not the front.

The second video seems to me like a player with a really bad connection, its rather annoying to come across these guys, specially on air and when they are trying to kill you, it makes leading and killing them a real issue.

Its rather disturbing that this thing can be triggered at will as its shown on the 3rd video. If its not "hacking" i would say its as close as exploiting as it gets.
    • Up x 1
  4. Dulu

He didn't land the killing blow in the first video, but he's listed as doing 61% damage to me with his T9 Carv.
  5. Hantak

I think he dealt that damage at 1:57, even if he wasnt glitching you where gonna take that damage given the position you where closing in with little to no chance to fight back.

More on topic, ive seen that happening before and its probably an exploiter/hacker.
  6. Dulu

Perhaps I would have been able to react and blow his face off.

Instead, he glitched around and I never got to see him. So, we will never know. Speculating that I would have lost anyway is kind of silly.

It's certainly not legitimate play, but we're not allowed to speculate beyond that.
  7. Terrex

Windows sped up processor program! MELTING COMPUTERS BUT MAKING YOU RUN FAST SINCE WoW.
  8. HyperMatrix

This game has terrible netcode, just as in PS1. We have a lot of players from China and Russia and Australia on our server, and what that does (without the exploits/hacks shown above) is that they will see you, and kill you, before your client lets you see them. So from the time I see them, to the time I die, sometimes only takes 0.2 seconds. No exaggeration. I'll try to record a video when I run into one of those guys again. I even had a time where I got the jump on the guy, I kill him, I have 100% health/shield up. 2 seconds AFTER I've already killed him, and I'm looking at his corpse, I die from him. 100% weapon damage.

The game just needs to kick you back out to the login screen when your ping exceeds a certain threshold or it's detecting any odd behaviour from packet queuing and connection throttling.
    • Up x 2
  9. Dulu

The easiest solution in the world, for such a crippling, game-breaking issue.
  10. MrPokealot

There's little to nothing you can do about these people. It's difficult to prove and more often than not its just normal people lagging. Do report them if you see they're exploiting it to kill people.
  11. Drsexxytime

That is correct, it is very hard to prove. Just like recently there has been a wild influx of "sneaky aimbotters" in the game in which it's tuned to snap to targets bodies and not their heads as really high headshots would flag them easier. I caught one the other day that was running this. They would snap to a targets body. To prove it, they would be shooting at someone a ways off and if someone got closer to them, they'd immediately about face and light up whoever was behind them. They would also get about 5-6 kills and then kill themselves on purpose to keep their KDR in check too. Sad thing is this guy is was a BR50 toon, meaning either they just started this, or actually been doing this for that long now. Pubs were reporting them and then at least 20-30 ppl from my outfit and another did too once we confirmed this, and two days later they're still on terrorizing the server.
  12. HyperMatrix

You gotta be careful with that assessment. As someone who gets called a hacker several times a day...I don't believe the majority of hack claims I hear. Some people are just good. There are people who will kill me half the time I confront them. And then there are people who I can run in to 100 times and kill them 99/100 times, even if they were with a friend. If you play FPS's, you're always thinking of whether someone is coming from an area you're not looking at so you do quick look backs at random, and I catch people behind me a lot. I also have my audio set up so it increases the sound of footsteps, so I can hear people coming. I'm not saying the person you're talking about isn't cheating. But with the amount of lag in this game, and the skill difference between the newbies and the top end players, I can see how many people would think others are cheating.

As I said I've had people put out in /yell "HyperMatrix (or whatever char I'm playing at that time) is cheating. Everyone report him." Sometimes I'm curious and ask how they think I'm cheating, and they'll respond with a "you know!" statement. So I have no idea how to help them. Other times I will just tell them to go ahead and report me. They ask why I'm not defending myself, and I'll tell them because when people throw around hackusations, they've already made up their mind. Nothing I can say is going to change their mind. So it's just easier to have them file their report. Saves me a lot of time.
  13. QuantumMechanic

Regarding the first video, I've always considered that just buggy giltchy Planetside 2, whenever I see it.

Speed hackers don't flicker like that - they litterally can just fly around really fast, but you can see them better than that.
  14. Drsexxytime

I've been accused at times as well, as surround sound is an advantage. But when you have people snapping to targets one after another, all in varying directions that's not in the FOV, and every shot hitting with no seen adjustments, that's not intuition, that's cheating. As someone who gamed well before online gaming and on boxes with woodgrain on them (lol) I've seen it all and easily able to pick out someone who's "pro" and someone who's "cheating".
  15. Dulu

Ban them all.

If you live in some 3rd world country without decent internet, please get a job. Stop playing video games.