What would look like an actual 4th faction

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PKSpark, Oct 9, 2015.

1. PKSpark

With 4 corners maps for three factions and the weird resulting setups,
    the game have many many space to welcome a (not the actual logout to alert win) 4th faction.

If this was to come to be real, what will be the apprearance of this faction? Its colors? It's history, culture, mottos,
    and weapon balance?

I like to think a faction of nomad scrappers with stuff made of "borrowed" parts, or a mutant/alien zerg one.
    But maybe there's better ideas? What's yours?
  2. BIllyGG

I wouldn't want an actual 4th player faction, but an NPC faction that messes with everybody.
  3. PKSpark

And they will be able to move/navigate the world or just mopping around?
  4. Lureh

We already have that-NS.
  5. AxiomInsanity87

We already have them
  6. PKSpark

The actual unofficial 4th faction of alert reloggers doesn't have their own warpgate! The 4th should have its own looks and style
  7. Shaggath

I have an idea but we can reach the godwin point.
  8. Jubikus

The fourth faction is already in works in a sense. The fourth faction in my eyes would essentially be the mercenary system that they wish to implement to help balance out factions.

An actual fourth faction in the sense of a full new arsenal and being able to jump into the battle with lore ready reasons to fight i can only come up with one idea. The actual aliens that left the relics on the planet and inspired the Vanu and created the wormhole that caused all of earth to unite and stop fighting under the flag of the Terran Republic. Tho they wouldn't work with the Vanu because they are human and would see all the factions as abominations on their planet.
  9. FieldMarshall

PS1 sort of had a 4th faction. The Black Ops.

Their colors were dark green and azure blue.
    They didnt have a specific armor model and used armor from all 3 factions
    They also didnt have any unique weapons but could use all weapons and vehicles from all three factions.
    Their only unique weapon was a katana instead of a knife.
    They didnt have a warpgate/sanctuary, and instead started in orbit, and could drop anywhere on the map whenever they wanted.

It sounds totally OP, and it was. They were a event faction that some people got to play sometimes picked at random.
    They also had way more health and armor than normal players.

This was their faction symbol:
    [IMG]
    This is what they looked like:
    [IMG]
    Left: Black Ops soldier in NC Rexo armor with a MCG holstered on his back (and possibly a Cycler) and Med/Repair Tools.
    Middle: Also a Black Ops soldier in NC Rexo armor with a MCG holstered on his back and Med/Repair Tools.
    Right: Black Ops soldier in VS Agile armor with a Supressor holstered on his back and a REK (hacking tool)

If they add a 4th faction. Maybe they could tweak and expand on the whole Black Ops "faction" they already have.
    • Up x 1
  10. PKSpark

At night theses black ops must have been harder to fight than vanu before vanu went grey camo.
    For this faction they need a not camo broken color, maybe soda-orange as main and apple green as alt.
  11. Stainlesssteel

a 4th faction could be the the aliens of who VS has copyed all their tech....with spider tanks, other lazer pew pew weapons with a desingn that looks like VS version 2.0 ..more spandex..teleportation technology...like of PS1 the router ..weapons could be mealstorm ...and so on
  12. PKSpark

Aliens with spandex! The storm if their women get 3 pairs, or a triple one, just like totall recall!
    • Up x 1
  13. CorporationUSA

I would like some sort of mercenary group that can only use NS weapons and vehicles, and operates using a mission system, where they are 'paid' to fight in battles for whichever side hired them. Would obviously needs loads of thought put into it to make it balanced and worth doing. Maybe make it a character path or an option available to the player after they reach level 50.

But, while it's fun to think about, the game needs more attention being given to the existing factions before anything like that could ever be worthwhile.
  14. Devilllike

If there devs do what they said they would there will be a fourth kind of faction that is called the Black ops which are players from any other faction that join another faction to help them but i doubt there will be a solid 4th but if there was i would expect something monsterous like an alien monster race that would be awesome and their color would be green like the space orks :D
  15. DeltaValkyrie

We have Commies!
    We have Americans!
    We have Spandex!
    We don't have Amish though (we need folk that are against technology in general xD)
  16. \m/SLAYER\m/

4th faction - must be those NC players with SAW, they will join OP faction and will TK entire platoons :D
  17. PKSpark

NS only faction, as long as they have something in their character clearly different from the other factions...
    The TR is autoritative and moody, VS cold and condescendant, so this gives you two "serious" type factions.
    NC is mighty with a pint of humor, the 4th would be, its extreme "funny" form, as a bad mannered faction.
    Ideally a faction of misfits, deserters, fugitives, sharks, each of them having a muddy past!
  18. PKSpark

That make the realisation - there's no middle east, west asian or mongolian themed faction with guerilla-mobile discipline in this game!
  19. Liewec123

i'd say NS are the 4th faction
    there are actually more NS things that the actual factions
    Sidearms: 5 faction, 6 NS
    Vehicles: 2 faction, 6 NS
    those are an example
  20. Hammerlock

and their MBT is a Catapult ? o_O