What would happen if we kep air and ground seperate.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kassidus, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Kassidus

I fly a lot its my fav but Was thinking this today, just get rid of rocket pods all together, let air fight air, and leave ground targets to ground vehicles.

I would def miss rockets but, from a what if scenario, what would happen?
  2. Techercizer

People would stop using rocket pods. What did you think would happen?

There are far more ways for air to attack ground than rocket pods. Nothing you do to this game will stop people in the sky from trying to shoot people on the ground when it's convenient.
  3. BillSmauz

Tankside 2
  4. digitalis3

Thats one of the worst ideas I've ever heard in my life.
  5. Valeriu

Make rocket pods lock on vehicles only. and limit them to 2 shots in a volley and then reload. (and refund everyone who bought rocket pods with SC).

make it so ESF are mainly anti air, and leave ground attack to libs.

That way ESF can still attack ground, with rockets on tanks and chain gun on infantry, but they are mainly anti air, and they wont be able to just straff past and nuke the ground and then bugger off with impunity.

The problem is that ESF are anti everything....tehy are air counters, vehicle counters and infantry counters, and can usually jsut hit the burners and get away before ground bases AA can deal with them.

I dont mind air being the counter to air, with weak ground based AA, so long as Air is not the counter to everything else too.
  6. DavidJerk

What would the point of air vehicles be then? Not many would do it at all then.