What with this BF2 style of kill stealing

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NightShift, Dec 22, 2012.

1. NightShift

I know everyone has had this happen to them but can we change the way it works

like if you do 99% damage to the target and someone comes in and kills it it should split it

99% to you
    1% to him

This kill stealing is pissing me off and i'm seeing more and more..

In air to air combat i hit the enemy plane with 2 A2A missiles hes on fire a ground troop unloads his rifle get the kill and all the points and i get some ****y kill assist for 50exp Wtf...
    • Up x 2
  2. Eduard K.

Most of the time those are unintended and wel.. who can resist a free kill?
  3. gunshooter

It took more skill for the infantry to shoot the plane than it took for you to a2a him twice.
    • Up x 20
  4. dr_Fell

I frequently see intentional kill stealing. most often with enemies that have lots of energy and it takes time to kill them (i.e. tanks). It happens often, that when I am battling enemy tank, my "team mates" conserve ammo, waiting when the tank will be at 10% energy then one shot kill him. Maybe hiding enemy energy bar would reduce this ?
    • Up x 2
  5. }{ellKnight

Who cares, just shoot anything (be smart about it) and you'll get more certs than waiting on some guy to drop to 1% health to KS :p
    • Up x 4
  6. SenEvason

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  7. Fleabag

For glory, for victory for the Vanu Sovereignty!

Oh wait, I seem to have got that wrong....it's what? Well that can't be right? Well...if you say so.

For the experience points!
    • Up x 6
  8. MisterTickles

There are plenty of enemies out there. You'll get plenty of kills.
  9. dr_Fell

I am doing that. Yesterday record - 28000 XP/h (it would be 14000 normally) :) I know there are ppl that get a lot more, but I am batter and better in this too.
  10. NightShift

uhhh No man... Thats not the point i did 90% of the damage and some Random just spray and pray and steal my kill...

and he gets 100 points and i get 50 and i did all the work...

and this is what happens to me all the time I'm in a dog fight i get 1 a2a in him and a full clip hes on fire and right as im about to kill him some Random Lib or Gal or what ever around shoots him once and kills him.
  11. Dew1tt

• Up x 1
  12. BlueSmiley

I steal kills and people steal mine. I don't care. I'm happy as long as the enemy is dead.
    • Up x 16
  13. NightShift

it seems on my server i see more and more people stealing other peoples kills like you'll see 2 libs just sitting there not shooting until they see some one low Hp then fire 1 round to get the kill...
  14. HadesR

+1

Don't think I have ever had a moment yet when I Thought .. " **** that was MY kill " .. Hell sometimes I will purposely make a target easier for someone to kill if I can't guarantee it myself ( Ie: Body shot a moving target if I can't headshot )
    Long as the enemy respawns in the end I don't care who get's the last hit ..

Tis a team game after all
    • Up x 3
  15. NightShift

Idk maybe im just unlucky or something i do a lot of damage but never get the kill... story of my life in this game.
  16. RawrKitty

i dont like whiny posts complaining about trivial things, but this is something that should be as the op says, raw exp based upon the % of damage done, with a flat bonus (maybe +10 or +15) to assists.

also, whle you're at it, for the love of ******* god please when i do 99% of a ESF and he hits a rock because he's a terrible pilot, and my fire caused his crash, just give me a godamn kill
  17. Phyr

It's not kill stealing, it's a bad reward mechanic.
    • Up x 2
  18. VKhaun

This x1000
    I'm from the era where kill stealing meant they got the kill credit and I find this thread downright offensive. The assist score was the most gigantic leap for man kind since we landed on the goddam moon, and SoE even went so far as to give us CRITICAL ASSIST rating where we get almost a full kill worth of credit.

Kids these days! :confused:
    • Up x 3
  19. RAS

How wrong you are , yesterday i was killing a prowler and while i was doing it i said on ts that there was a vs waiting to fire his AV shot at and sure enough just as the prowler was about to go boom he killed it i got assist xp after doing 99.9 % of the damage and its happened lots of times in dogfights aswell , useless pilots who can't kill try and ks the esf your killing only to fly into you and kill you both .

the xp needs to be damge dealt like the op said not who gets the actual kill , its also a reason why foot zerging fails as people wait to get the last hit in instead of taking on the full hp guy to his side who is going to kill you both ..........
  20. japro

Think of it like this: The more people get assists on the same kill the more exp for the empire :p
    • Up x 2