What was your launch day like?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Raka Maru, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Raka Maru

Mine went pretty well. Didn't sleep till 4:00 Am, set my alarm to wake at 7:00 Am, watched the countdown until 0:0:0:4 then the PS2 web server crashed, tried to download via steam but got the "unregistered account" error or something, restarted steam and finally downloaded after 2 1/2 hours, had a few login problems, installed latest nvidia beta drivers that were just released. Was able to make my characters, but then my nephew wanted to make his characters and he played for a bit.

When I finally got to explore again and look around, I was very happy. Spent a lot of time in the store and spent 1/3 rd of my SC on the infantry sales, vehicle weapons and bought 1 vehicle skin (already had the Alpha Squad items) and was delighted that it worked for all my vehicles (thank you SOE). Spent a lot of time dressing up my toon and configuring the weapons and vehicles.

Watched Luperza's stream and got back online with my squad to go give them trouble. :D

So didn't really play too much, but I plan to be playing for a while and trying to pace myself. Will experiment with boosts and other rental weapons soon. I already bought the ones that I knew I liked.

A good day! Great launch SOE!
  2. Marinealver

Well after a real cool introduction voice and flash video they imediatly droped me a mile behince NC lines where I was able to get the drop on a poor smurf and kill him. Then tried to make my way back to regroup with a friendly force since I was just slamed in the middle of a NC held base with no friend in sight (Not a good thing to do to someone if they are a fresh player just new to the game) and end up getting shot in the face while reading the map trying to find back to friendly lines.

So going through my set up and everything (that whole alpha squad and presale purchase) then all of a sudden.
    You have been disconected from the server.

So looking at it and trying to log in I see Server Down, okay went to go cereate an ALT and ALL SERVERS ARE DOWN!!!

WE TOLD YOU THIS WASN'T READY FOR LAUNCH AND YOU LAUNCH IT ANYWASY DIDN'T YOU SOE!!!!!!:mad: