What was up with Briggs tonight?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TorigomaSET, Nov 14, 2015.

1. TorigomaSET

http://planetsidebattles.org/match/56

Seriously, you guys got Wreaked. I am not trying to start anything, just Honestly Curious, what the heck was Soltech? thats what really screwed you over. Just back and forth, back and forth.
  2. FatalArchon

Emerald player here, I was in the match and on the lane you mentioned.

From what little information I was given, the northern lane by Soltech was occupied by Briggs' best, leaving them open for assault in the mid and southern lanes. However, what they didn't expect was Emerald mixing their platoons so that each one would have at least a squad of the higher-tier outfits, with a few platoons having 2 squads. This allowed those to the South, with players who not only understand the hexes but know exactly where to position themselves, to push all the way to the warpgate, with a final push of all Emerald forces to Jagged Lance.

Soltech lane, on the other hand, was absolute chaos from the start. Consistently both sides would be back-capping the other, and a lot of the back-and-forth was a hasty retreat from one push to defend from another. A lot of mistakes were made on both sides, and I personally believe that Briggs had several opportunities to overwhelm us that they simply did not take.

The final problem was that if they reallocated the resources in the Soltech lane to the south to defend the incoming swarm to the warpgate, then we would've simply pushed up without a problem, leaving both sides vunerable.

Again, I was on the ground and didn't have a consistent view of the whole map, so this is just things I noticed.
  3. TorigomaSET

Ya, That's what I was trying to figure out. Instead of giving up on the Soltechs, and falling back to the much more Defensible Mineshaft, they through a HUGE amount of Resources at that Lane, and never even hit Kwahtee. Instead, it looked like they just tried to brute force it, hitting Foothills when Emerald tried to cut them off at Mineshaft. Personally, I think they should have just stuck there and gave up on Soltech. jumping back and forth between those 4 Bases (the Soltechs, Foothills and Mineshaft), was just a huge Resource drain. Where holding them at Mineshaft (or even the next base over), would have let them put more pressure on the East and South.

Now, granted, I am not even close to one the best Tactician on Emerald, but I was just wondering what was going on there.
  4. TorigomaSET

Anyone know how long it normally takes them to get up a VOD/Play-by-Play?
  5. Dennisz125

Nice sig.