What TR AR is most similar to the AMC?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Aegie, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Aegie

See title- thanks in advance for any replies.
  2. cruczi

Why don't you try them in VR?

There is no direct 1:1 coming from T5 AMC. All TR AR's are higher ROF than T5 AMC and none have Advanced Foregrip available. Based on the feel I'd say the NS rifle feels the most consistent and similar to T5 AMC. As for TR only rifles, T1S is the next slowest firing at 698 RPM, but using foregrip on that one would miss the whole point of using it over other AR's - the under barrel attachments.

If what you're looking for is a longer range rifle, use SABR.
    • Up x 2
  3. Aegie

Thanks for the input, I have played a little in VR but thought I would reach out to the community because there have been times where I have walked away with a false impression from VR testing (shotguns, for example). Also, it can be a little tedious going through each weapon and loadout. Yeah, I'm looking for something that can reach out to mid range and beyond like I can with AMC. I will put some more time in VR between now and when I would be able to unlock. I was looking for the kind of qualitative depth you can get from player input to have something to supplement my personal belief.
  4. Iridar51

Well, like Cruczi said, there is no such gun.

The best range option TR medics have access to is SABR, but I used it a little and find kinda lackluster. Maybe I was using it from too far away, but I felt that this gun needed too many shots to kill the target, and by the time I did this many shots CoF became unbearable. Burst weapons are very weird in PS2, and need to be reworked as a whole.

NS-11A would probably be the one most similar to T5 AMC - similar damage model, bullet velocities, low recoil. First shot multiplier is horrific though - 3x. Haven't used it, so don't really know how well it behaves at range, but I would guess slightly better than T5 AMC due to better damage model. Just remember to forgo screwing yourself over with the compensator.