What to get next for VS heavy?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Bl4ckVoid, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Bl4ckVoid

I am nearing 1000 certs, what do you suggest to get next?

What I have: NW5, Thanatos, Pulsar LSW, Flare, Nemesis, Hades, Eidolon, Flak 4, NMG5.

Main choices: Lasher, Decimator, Lancer, Sirius SMG.
  2. Mcponington

NOT THE LANCER!!!!!!!!, If you need to know why go and read the lancer feedback thread.
    Not the SMG as it is out classed by shotguns and the orion in close range.
    Lasher is a niche weapon used for it's great suppression ability, good if you play in organised platoons often.
    Decimator is an upgrade on the dumbfire missile so I would say it is the only really universal good choice out of the options you have listed.
  3. Bl4ckVoid

Thanks for the feedback. no need to explain the various abilities, I know the weapons, tested all on VR.

I am just curious what other people would recommend.
    BTW from the above list I can recommend everything except the Eidolon. Unless you really want to snipe as a heavy. It kind of works, but if you find yourself CQC, then you are dead. The problem is that at range it just lacks punch, so mostly you will get assists as hitting people will allow snipers to one-shot them.
  4. VKhaun

Heal kits / C4 / Concussion grenades?
  5. Mekhazzio

This is the correct answer. Every HA should have concussion grenades.

Of the list, I'd say the Lancer, if you like vehicle hunting. Completely replaces the Hades, mostly replaces the Nemesis, and goes a lot farther than either on a single ammo pool. The Lasher is cute but very niche, the SMG serves very little purpose when you have the Orion available, and the Decimator's cost is a bit questionable considering that the only task it really outperforms the S1 on is MAX-busting.
  6. Urgle

As per the above posts, concussion grenades are glorious. C4 is great when you find a poorly-defended Sunderer or manage to sneak up to a tank, though I feel I don't get as many opportunities to use it as I'd like. But concussion grenades are glorious.

Again, as per above posts I don't see much point in you buying the SMG. I've been underwhelmed by the Lancer and Decimator both. I personally have a lot of fun using the Lasher, though I would never argue it was a terribly powerful weapon, so I suppose I'd recomend it with the proviso that you can't expect it to do much for your K/D.

Also, have you considered using the Resist Shield? It imposes an extra element of planning on your play (as it's to your advantage to have it activated before people shoot you) and I found using it made me think more tactically, which was interesting. Just a thought.
  7. Bl4ckVoid

i have concussion grenades. When they actually work, they are amazing. Most of the time however I throw it, run into room, kill 1 guy and someone who was outside AOE kills me.

But when it works, it is the I-Win grenade.
    • Up x 1