What to do about Rashnu's Northern Pad?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Devrailis, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Devrailis

Seriously. What influenced the decision to stick a cliff right over this pad? The cliff ledge overlooking it from Rashnu Watchtower allows players to camp that pad and the Biolab interior and rack up an insane amount of farm within a very short period.

Case in point: https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428011263335833505/killboard

It also grants tanks complete, clear bombardment access to half of the Biolab roof, something that no other Biolab is exposed to. I lost count of the number of LAs, infils and Lasher Heavies that I picked off the dome top trying to be clever.

The problem is the slight ledge at the very tip of the cliff which angles downwards, it allows tank gunners to angle their turrets right into the Biolab itself. If the slope were kept at an upward angle, tanks would never get their turrets angled into the Biolab.

I probably would have racked kills up even faster with the Viper, which is just completely bonkers right now, but hey, I need to Rax this damn gun.
    • Up x 1
  2. Tommyp2006

Defenders could just not herd right into the enterence of the pad. Staying out of line of fire is a good way to survive. Biolabs are already defendable enough.
    • Up x 1
  3. DashRendar

100 kills in about 1 hour, that's an average of ~1.7 kills per minute. That's a nice safe farm, but definitely not something to turn heads. I bet the footmen inside the dome were getting 4x that score.
  4. Devrailis

There`s a few spots on that ledge that let you lob high explosives right near one of the objective building entrances. A lot of my kills were on engies and medics who probably thought they were entirely safe that deep inside the Biolab fixing up and ressing MAXes.

You`re probably right. Some of the delay in the kills comes from the HE cannon`s low ammo cap. I wasted a lot of time driving back down to reload the tank cannon. With a Viper cannon and some ammo upgrades, I could have stayed up there much longer per farming run and racked up those points much faster per volley.
  5. BraSS

Ive always thought the same thing. Been on the receiving end and the dishing out end and its kind of illogical to design the base with that hill there. Even snipers can sit there and farm defenders inside the biolab for hours.

Doubt they will ever do anything about it though.
  6. z1967

They could try to make it accessible, but someone is gonna find a way to get a tank there :|.
  7. NoctD

Seriously I think this is the first time I've heard it mentioned and I've never seen it done myself. I think you just might have given people a whole new idea - most people just assault the bio-lab on 2 feet!

All bio-lab openings are open to air bombardment by ESFs/Libs but I don't mind it - just need to be aware. I've picked off ESFs with Ravens and one time got a couple of hits on a Lib flying close with Pounders, he just ran into the bio-lab giving me the kill.
  8. AssaultPig

I've seen lockdown prowlers in that spot, I assume they must really clean up.

but it's not really a big deal; I would prefer bases have little quirks like that than they all play the same.
  9. Demetrios

You can already get a Magrider there using a Galaxy as a bridge.
  10. AdmiralArcher

when in doubt, grab a G2G launcher, like the good old skep