What to buy?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Ynwe, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Ynwe

I bought all the 1 cert things but nothing else really for the heavy class. (Currently using the +10% health)

Wanted to know what you guys would recommend.

The starting weapons are good right? Assult rifle, decent pistol and the A-Vehicle weapon without a lock.
    And I can carry a close combat weapon, a greande-kind, a medi or ammo kit. And one special ability Thats it right?

So anything in particular you would recommend that is quite strong at the moment?
  2. ReaperLSW

Guild War 2.
  3. Glythe

Which faction are you playing?

If VS I highly suggest you try the flare. The medical kit is good and is the only infantry resource I even use right now other than grenades.
  4. Jex =TE=

If you're TR the stock weapons are more than fine.
  5. Ynwe

My bad should have said: playing TR

Soo... any recommendations?
  6. Vertabrae

Stock weapons, forward grip and maybe a sight on the Carv. Upgrade your NMG shield and get medikits. You can trial all the different weapons on the off chance you might find one you prefer better (I seem to do best with the TMG-50) but the Carv is a pretty good all around LMG.
  7. DemoEvolved

Reflex 1x sight for 30 certs.
    For sure.
  8. Ynwe

How do you test the weapon? I only see the compare option
  9. Vertabrae

Click on unlock, a purchase screen will come up. Don't worry you haven't bought the weapon yet, at the bottom is a Trial button. Hit that and you unlock it for a 30 minute in game trial. Then just go equip the gun like you would any other.
  10. Ynwe

For my suit I can take another few rockets with me. Do you guys use this or what do you take for your suit mod?

And which of the three abilities do you think are the best for the Heavy? regeneration, kill regeneration or the third one?
  11. MykeMichail

If you're keen on playing Heavy, put some CERTs into your default heavy shield.

Higher levels don't give you more shield HP, but make it recharge much faster, meaning you can get back into the fight at full capability sooner.

As you're playing TR, I can't say upgrading from your default gun is really necessary at this time. Just drop some CERTs into attachments for it to improve its handling.
  12. Azzazal

1 x scope? no way!
    get the night scope and use it day or night, save the rest of your certs to pump up the HP and maybe think about the resist option if you are half decent. First thing for me would be night sight then med pack, free heals > all, then resist shield, in no way get the kill regen, tis the pish.

I run with 2 med packs and 2 grenades, no hp boost, resist shield. one gun maxed ammo to 150 rounds for cc, one night sight, one 2 x and thats about it. I admit though my style isnt running in to get blasted by one and all, so i dropped the extra HP.

Rather than play heavy to start, try a med or engi, farm your certs to rank up the heavy class... be alot easier.....
  13. Nayrx

For TR I like the T32 bull. It seens to have more poer than most TR weapons and good accuracy I use for everything lon mid close range. If you get it go with 3.4x red dot, pistol grip, compensator and soft point ammo.
  14. JojoTheSlayer

If you are NC you should unlock the NM6 for 250 certs.

Add forward grip and optics to it. I prefer the thermal sights because its easier to see those VS TR people that try to act like NC with their Giraffe camo and to win in some instances with NC weapons you need to upset the enemies head stream. Aka you need to jump and thats done best with the thermal sights.