What to buy first?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Corsix, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Corsix

So i just grabbed 2000 station points and want to know which few weapons i should buy. I play HA and sometimes Infiltrator so im looking for the most powerful sniper rifle for Infil, and a strong weapon for HA.

I wanted the chaingun but some thread said its rubbish, the default machine gun seems pretty good all around so far. Any other new player tips would be appreciated.
  2. Hyllan

Use the trial system over the next few days to get a feel of what guns you'll like. That's really the best advice I can give.
  3. Ganjis

The AA missile launcher. You will get a few kills, plenty of assists and lots of scarings-off of enemy fighters. You lose a bit of damage compared to the default dumbfire missile, but you can still fire it dumb at anything you care to and it flies faster and truer than the default even when fired dumb.

Another weapon worth considering is a shotgun as these can be equipped by any infantry class except infil and MAX.

Before you spend your cash, use the trial mode. Click on purchase, and it offers you the choice of paying with certs or SC; or trying it out. You get half an hour to play with it, then have a several-hour wait before you can next try something.

Important! To save you momentary panic/indignation: after buying a new weapon, you must log out to the character select screen and log back in for it to appear.
  4. Shahnaz

Shhhhh He's TR. Don't tell him that.
  5. Corsix

I was planning on the AA but accidently trial'd the ground one. It was called the GROUNDER, it mislead me ! I've trialed the battle rifle so far, seemed so bad for close range though. I REALLY wish guns would show some actual stats before i trial them or anything, i'd like to know which TR sniper rifle has the most punch.
  6. Cabbage

Personally, I would hold off with SC on things that certifications can't buy, namely camo's. Unfortunately, there isn't a preview of them, so I need to rely on others' threads and my own best guess as what would be best suited.

If you're playing infiltrator for example, being less noticeable outside of the radar range, may help you sit in place longer, than if your bright red/purple/blue butt was crouched somewhere, while you are trying to take shots. IN the case of anything that gets close and personal, camo still will help sometimes, more so if it reduces the chance a vehicle operator will actually figure precisely where any AT rockets came from, when they were not facing you to begin with.

Being an engineer, my camo doesn't really truly matter, since I'm typically hiding behind what is being repaired, and THAT sometimes isn't smoking or is actually protected. But, I do spend most of my time in perhaps the largest thing to see, and camo on those, I have noticed, helps me survive just a touch longer from those not entirely expecting a *rock* to shoot them.

Camo, I find, is the best visual attempt for ambush there is. Obviously once someone noticed you are there, it's pointless to have, but they need to first notice you are there, and some of the camo overlays prevent just that.

Vanguard with desert scrub on the barren parts of Indar, for example, TR knew where I was, but we were far enough out of radar range, that they couldn't precisely land a hit on us. They came real close several times. The un-camo'd Vanguards with better cover, were getting hit nearly every single time - from the same base turrets! Only difference? I spent the SC on camo that made me look like part of the rock outcropping, otherwise we were more exposed to those same turrets.

Camo, that's my suggestion for SC.