[Suggestion] What the Vortex should have looked like.

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Village, May 23, 2014.

1. Village

Needs to happen. The current version looks like dual wielding carbines and hurts my eyes, and my soul.

EPIC
    [IMG]

LAME
    [IMG]
    • Up x 11
  2. WarmasterRaptor

Are you judging the work of the art team? :eek:
  3. MrNature72

Yes. And?

Who better to judge than those who inherit their work throughout the game?
  4. BobSanders123

The art direction for this game is horrible. Whoever designed the prowler, vanguard, magrider, reaver, flash, lightning, UI, biolab, nanite systems buildings, every single weapon in the game, and the dull grey that is planetside 2 did a horrible job.
    • Up x 2
  5. WarmasterRaptor

I'm just referring to some discussion people had with some art director. ;)

Also, just know that I agree with you :)
  6. Kazune

The Oversized Anti-Vehicle Pistols were.. honestly one of the worst designs I've ever seen in a video game.
  7. eldarfalcongravtank

imagine this was how vortexes looked like:eek: i'd get them in a heartbeat!

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  8. ohknoh

Yeah...you don't know what you're talking about. The only problem with the prowler is it's lockdown mode looks a little funky. Vs Lmgs look too bulky to me when I'm carrying one, but that's just my opinion.

As for the tanks you mentioned, the guys who created Planetside 2 didn't come up with them. There was a game back in the late 90s called Tanarus, that was all about squad based tank combat. That's where the vanguard, lightning, and magrider came from. The prowler is original. There were two other tanks in that game, the chameleon and the devastator if I remember right. The magrider is a little too bulky compared to the one in tanarus, which was about the same size as the lightning. But yeah, I was pleasantly surprised to see those tanks when I first started playing, I'd always hoped that someone would make an updated Tanarus, Planetside is as close as I'll get.
  9. TheMish

They need to hire new artists, now. Seriously, the devs have a brilliant idea for a game, but the worst...absolutely ******* worst looking vehicles, weapons, and armor I've seen in new war games. Luckily, game-play is more important than graphics otherwise I and many others wouldn't be here.
  10. Quiiliitiila

They look more like hair dryers :p

I'd rather have this as a MAX version of the Saron… Yes please!
  11. RaskolBandit

Agreed the current version looks just horrible.
  12. Schwak

MAXs shouldn't get dual wielded weapons anyways. support.
  13. Shadoiex

Hey now, we could be using Planetside 1 MBTs.