What the NC are hiding from the rest of us Auraxians

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by GantryPengy380, Mar 10, 2014.

1. GantryPengy380

You only ASSISTED in making Nanites, you only ASSISTED in making the fleet that brought us to Auraxis, but that was BEFORE YOU REBELLED. And Auraxis existed before we arrived by wormhole, so we didn't make the planet, we DID however build pretty much everything on it.
  2. Epic High Five

We ASSISTED in the sense that construction companies ASSIST architects in building skyscrapers, which is to say without us nothing would get off paper :D

Anyway, Auraxis had to be terraformed first.

You think some flattop warmongers who can't even hold a meeting to end a rebellion without killing everybody involved are going to be able to pull that off, or is it going to be the combined brainpower of private industry? :cool:
  3. Pondera

Oh reeeeeeeaaallllyyy....? Well, so long as we're in a truth telling mood, let me speak for the Sovereignty. You know that rebirthing technology that everyone makes so much use of now?

The Terran Republic ordered Vanu scientists who were developing it to keep quiet about their discoveries. The Republic wanted it as a weapon, but only for them. They didn't want to crush the New Conglomerate. They wanted to sterilize it. What started the war is these same scientists blowing the whistle on the TR, and revealing the location of the Rebirthing Facilities they were using to field MILITARY PERSONNEL.

And, before you ask, no, the Vanu doing this did not survive, and they were not reborn. They sacrificed themselves so that we would not live in a world dominated by TR oppression.

The Vanu started the war because others wanted to exploit our intellect, our wisdom for their own gains, and, so help me, we will finish it. We are not your tools, and we are not puppets. You tried to put us in cages, Terrans, but sometimes when you cage a beast, it gets angry.
  4. Horrida Messor

I often see thouse "NC is da best" or "TR is da best" posts..... I have a favor to ask from you, my dear low intelegent friends - tell what would happen if we suddenly shut down all of your rebirthing facilities?
  5. Serevn

6. Nyscha

Just read the lore again and found this.

Vanu being generous again.
  7. Nyscha

I miss being able to do that in Planetside 1.
  8. Regpuppy

http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/ps/Brent_Waterson
    https://www.planetside2.com/news/may102012story
  9. Metaltoys

Building a military to rule the masses isn't cheap, and its way more profitable to farm people than it is cattle.
  10. Modern Ancestor

That moment a Vanoo infil decloaks and it turns out he was staring at your rear for several minutes.

Much discomfort, very awkward, such creeper.

Quote from elsewhere in forums.

This is what NC is hiding.:eek:
  11. Goretzu

12. GantryPengy380

Which is rather ironic in my opinion because you have a Vanu character
  13. Kriegson

PPSSST. Hey...you ever notice how pretty much every situation was blamed on the new conglomerate and put more power into the hands of the TR commander?
    Certainly he could not have used his own forces to kill any commanders who might challenge him in a military coup and use this to blame the new conglomerate and establish martial law essentially taking control of the planet?
    • Up x 1
  14. Epic High Five

KNOWN FACTS: Waterson kills a bunch of his own men for power
    UNPROVEN: NC had anything at all to do with the rebellion

TR is bad guys

QED
    • Up x 1
  15. Paragon Exile

It's pretty obvious that of the three factions, the Vanu are the closest to the "good guys" followed by the NC and then distantly by the TR.

Betterment of the Human race and the creation of a technological utopia? Sign me up!

Freedom from tyranny and libertarianism? Meh, sounds fine, whatever.

Order, repression and "might makes right"? lel no.

I mean, the TR is so obviously corrupt and evil I wonder how people can defend it, lol. At least they're not as evil as in PS1, where they were basically *****.
  16. Tentakewls

The only thing NC is hiding from us is a big supply of under age girls
  17. bPostal

18. Epic High Five

Pretty much this. Canonically, the VS are a bunch of scientists and inventors who were a bit naieve and smug for awhile but paid the price when they were forced to take arms or become enslaved (basically) by the TR. I imagine the VS and NC got along quite nicely beforehand as they both help the other immensely. The NC are able to make big scary Science Machines on demand and to exacting specification as they are the industrial hub, they also build things and are the primary source of non-suspicious-vanu material procurement.

The VS create technology, without which the NC would stagnate, and generally raise quality of life and bust through whole new frontiers like with the cloning tanks.

Are the two suspicious of each other? Hell yes, if the Vanu are so smart why are they centuries dead/those damn rednecks with their pickup bed stills can't be trusted. Remember though that a huge reason that the Vanu were forced to fight was because they were forced to choose to become a branch of the TR by altering their rebirthers to sterilize people on demand (at the time, the NC) or to have war declared on them by refusing. They refused to have their technology used like that, and so were forced into the war. If you'll notice the progress of the VS and NC in escalating against the TR moved in lock-step.

tl;dr: VS are nerdy bros but we've gotta fight them because that's how war is, you know. Any TR that's above Sergeant needs to be draped in chains and thrown into a lake. We can win over the TR loyalists by immediately create a state holiday celebrating whatever thing it was that the people most resented the TR taking away from them, and by telling them that if they don't go along with us their next death will be their last.
    • Up x 1
  19. Paragon Exile

You have a gift for taking serious subject matter and making it hilarious *Tips fedora*. It reminded me of this:

Anyways, yeah. If I recall correctly, the Vanu actually sided with the NC originally by sabotaging the TR, until the NC attacked them because they were becoming "abominations". So dumb. In reality, I would see the Sovereignty and New Conglomerate working towards the common goal of wiping out the greater threat in the TR.
  20. Dtswiss

Obviouly the siths infiltrated the factions and from the shadow turn everyone against each others. They will eventually come out as saviors but their true goal is the creation of an absolute totalitarian monachy aka galactic empire.