What servers are actually still good?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Brickwalker, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Brickwalker

Pretty straight forward question..

What servers are still full of action? I hear people keep saying servers like Helios are pretty much dead..

I know my main server,Connery,still does pretty well and actually seems like its getting a bit better.

what other servers are still hopping?
  2. maxkeiser

3. Rankzerox

Ceres is quite chill with good balance, other that NC are just extra terrible on Ceres but other than that its quite populated and stuff.
  4. Nulgaoh

connery us west, but i think the purple guys are leaving. Red and Blue are still solid.
  5. willTell

Take a look at servers : http://www.soe.com/status/
    If you look at the servers in your time zone you will easily see which servers have more players on them.
  6. voldoman

Waterson has good population, even though more times than not a good half of it is TR. From what I hear Mattherson and Miller still have good pops too.
  7. Smaisteri

EU Ceres and Miller are pretty populated. If you're gonna roll Vanu, stay out.
  8. JackD

Lithcorp is doing well.
  9. Dovahkiin

It solely depends on what faction you are.

3 popular servers are:
    • Matherson
    • Connery
    • Woodman
    • Up x 1
  10. QuantumMechanic

Connery is the most populated US West server. But by midnight it's down to low population. Helios is a bit less populated and drops to low sooner, and Genudine is the worst of the three. Somedays it's at low all day and never even makes it up to medium. Not one of them has hit high population in 6 or 7 weeks though.

The only "hopping" server (that has populations even kinda close to release week) is Miller, but that's an EU server.
  11. santuckcasper

im on Matherson, it is fun and seems to be doing well
  12. CommodoreFrank

Mattherson seems to have actually picked up a bit after the last hotfix, and it wasn't too bad before that.
  13. stug41

I'm on connery as well and never have a problem finding a fight.
  14. Xind

Jaeger is good, but it's an East Coast server that picks up a lot past 5pm.

Pops are decently balanced, players aren't all terrible. You do get the zerg, but usually when the pops are imbalanced due to early mornings or late nights. Action is had on all three continents by all factions, though each faction typically maintains its home continent as its primary controlled.
    Some people on all sides seem to enjoy good fights and we've had pretty solid three-way action.
  15. Zakuak

I play on Jaeger. Week nights prime time are pretty good IMO and weekends to
  16. Adamar09

Briggs is consistently balanced, and you can usually find a good fight on at least one continent.

It's alright, but could be better I guess. Not really unexpected for a more "regional" server.
  17. noobfeeder

Apparantly there's more people in Connery than Helios, but it feels like there's a lot more on Helios since everyone just sticks to a giant zerg. And thus there is always something to do and huge battles happening all the time on Indar, while the other continents are ignored. I assume Connery spreads out more?

Also Helios is pretty well balanced, no one has capped Indar yet. The NC has the most people but is very poorly organized, the VS of Tobuscus have a decent population and are decently organized, and the TR have by far the smallest population but have godly organization, often having large swaths of land with just 25% pop.

I have switched from Helios to Waterson. Waterson has the biggest population on the US, and there is stuff happening on all continents, they say they are pretty well balanced but I don't believe it, but all the factions are well organized other than the TR, who instead have massive numbers on their side. Which is most true to the lore I think? lol
  18. MadcowwithSwineFlu

Matherson ebbs and flows with each faction fairly even.
  19. Laatikkoinen

Miller is pretty good. During primetime it usually has "high" population.
  20. Morpholine

The biggest issue I've noticed with Connery is for a faction to form an overwhelming population on a continent they've already captured, and repeatedly push back any intrusion to that continent. All three factions are guilty of this, too.

A continent lock can be maintained with a relative handful of friendlies, and every enemy-on-enemy fight acts to help preserve the lock. Most of the population should move into the enemy's backyard and take his stuff, but they're often reluctant to move.

The zerg is a massive object, and it behaves like one. Let it lose momentum, and getting it to move again takes a much larger amount of effort.