What music you listen to while playing PS2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Masterofm, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Masterofm

I don't know why but I listen to super upbeat music when I play PS2. This is the one I've just started listening to while blasting people in PS2.

Gets me in a super groove and I don't even care when I die. Made me curious what others are listening to when blasting and getting blasted in the game. Another one is Mama Cass "Make your own kind of music"
  2. Demetrios

No music, gotta hear audio cues.
    • Up x 8
  3. Jakko

I listen to my GF screaming, I should get some kind of bonus for playing under battlefield conditions.
    • Up x 2
  4. Juni

Well you know, you have to let her out of the basement sometimes, feed her, wash her, let her outside for air, stuff like that, you can't just keep her locked up all the time.

And I listen to stuff like this
    • Up x 2
  5. NinjaTurtle

Either this

this

or this

6. Eyeklops

The Benny Hill theme song on continuous loop.
  7. Tuco

8. DashRendar

I only listen to music while playing when it's derp time and I don't care if I do bad. Anything from Opeth > Meshuggah > Abominable Putridity > Katatonia > Nile > Novembers Doom > Alcest > Les Discrets > Agalloch > Lustre > Burzum > Darkthrone > Gojira > Mastodon > Behemoth > Mayhem...
  9. Masterofm

Pissssh that just means you get more kills and less deaths. Where is the fun in that?

As a guy who ended up marrying and divorcing a screaming girlfriend let me do you a huge favor by giving you some advice I wish someone would have given me. Find a GF who doesn't scream.

That would drive me nuts. Although I once got run over by someone who was playing it constantly in local chat. The song was worse then the TKing to be honest.
  10. DashRendar

When you find one, she's probably mute.
  11. Eyeklops

Or dead.
    • Up x 1
  12. Pokebreaker

I listen to the New Conglomerate National Anthem of course!

But seriously, I only have in-game sounds playing, for they are vital to my gameplay. I even have the in-game music turned off.
  13. uhlan

Yep, need me some audio cues.

Besides, what's better than the staccato retort of my LMG?
  14. JudgeNu

15. Masterofm

Oddly enough for me it was neither. She goes and drinks alcohol when she is on her period which tends to mellow her out. Either that or grip her sides and tell me every few hours that she is in a ton of pain. Other then that just lets me do what I want to do, and I let her do what I want to do. I've never been so happy. Guess it's why I'm listening to that song while I play PS2.

Although if my ex was either mute or dead I guess that would be icing on the cake.

Audio cues are for chumps though. Getting into a groove can be even better.
  16. Meeka

No music here, I put on head phones and listen to the PS2 environment around me; gotta know when someone is sneaking up behind me.
  17. WyrdHarper

I prefer listening to the tears of my enemies.

But really, this is one game where I don't have music playing. I'm usually leading or at least talking a lot in platoons/TS, so it's really obnoxious if music is coming through my speaker if I'm using an external one, and flying with music on is like cutting off your ears. Half the situational awareness of this game is soundbased--footsteps, shots, infiltrator decloaking (different per faction), ESF engines, and so on.
  18. Masterofm

I hate that too...... mainly because it clashes with my music.
  19. LibertyRevolution

I have been listening to a lot of Trap lately..

Having a head full of bass and a decent beat makes stalking and killing the enemy more fun.
    I don't even care that I can't hear the guy sneaking up behind me to shoot me in the back.