what ive learned comes to fruition

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Kalari, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Kalari

hello there how are you?
    my name is kalari and if u watch these forums as much as i do i might be able to pick out my name pretty quickly.
    mainly as i was learning the way of the infiltrator and a few others. but its here that i feel im finally gaining major traction. a few days ago i made a forum thread called "squad support sniper" an i learned quite a bit from that.
    Thank you Moonsugar i did take your advice about the adren pump and loved that style and the following has become my "go-to" cuz screw the medic cert grinder when i have fun

Wraith: a ghost or ghost like image of someone. especially seen shortly before or after their death

NC infiltrator loadout Wraith
    SAS-R with 4x scope and pull bolt
    magshot with supressor
    hunter cloak
    recon dart gun
    adrenaline pump
    Bouncy betties
    EMP nades
    enhanced targeting implant

the nades and magshot admittedly arent used much and i have found (ingeneral) i SUCK in close quarters
    but the tactic i find my self useing alot is hiding in the mass of allies to mask my own little red dot.fading in and out at all ranges as needed to take that shot or 3 and then leave. cuz who looks for that headshot in the middle of a fire fight? larger fights , like 100v100 seems to work really well for this. low pop area and i cant seem to hide for ****

the betties are for another tactic i use where i LET the enemy see where i am and they seem to think "close the distance on the sniper" when they see me cloak and the betty is already waiting for them. the main game here is find a spot fire off no more than 10 shots cloak and be gone. tweak it to ur needs. this was optimised for me. all this said tho i do look for that odd spot to be when i start shooting. 1 time being at the back end of a room shooting out a door my allies where poppin in and out of to take pot shots at the camped spawn room was 1 of my favorites

if u learned something from this so much the better. took me several days of fighting and experimenting to come up with this.
  2. Plunutsud pls

Why do people even use adrenaline pump?

Nanoweave 4 and especially 5 will significantly increase your survivability.
  3. Jawarisin

This ^. The only reason I MIGHT use adrenaline pump is if I was with a stalker cloak and wanted to cover that bit much more terrain with my cloak. I'd be pretty ****** if I were found any ways.

OP: You need to work a little on your grammar man, there's no need to be up tight, but it's got to be read-able.
    Enhanced targetting is awful compared to steady aim.
  4. cruczi

If your playstyle involves avoiding fights where you're likely to take damage, and preferring fights where you have positional advantage and cover, then what use is nanoweave? What use is the ability to tank damage if you intend not to take damage in the first place? It sounds to me like you're treating the infiltrator as though it was a heavy assault or medic.

Adrenaline pump + safe landing is a great combo for a flanking sniper who relocates often and avoids direct confrontation.
    • Up x 1
  5. Plunutsud pls

Yes I've tried using adrenaline pump for that very purpose, but you can't hide forever and there was several times I was killed by burst fire at range literally because I didn't have that extra tanking capacity of nanoweave.

I don't even have nanoweave 5 yet because of the price, but even level 4 is noticeable and I praise it every time I survive a duel with 10% health left.
  6. cruczi

And how often would you have died even earlier due to having slower sprinting speed? Since you don't have those numbers, your argument is invalid and purely anecdotal.

Agreed, Nanoweave is great for dueling. For a playstyle that does not duel, that's irrelevant.
  7. Plunutsud pls

I'm pretty sure a 10% speed boost will rarely be more useful than 15-20% small arms damage resistance.
  8. cruczi

I'm not
  9. Kalari

well since i dont have steady aim i kinda cant use it..........

also i should state that yes while i cant hide forever i cant duel to save my life (litterally) my hope of survival comes from just flat out avoideding gunfire so even tho i did run nano for a long time it wasnt as helpful as adren pump. if i was running an SMG then yes id pick up the nano again but im not so i wont
  10. Rikkit

lately i was fallen in love with the adrenalin pump on my stalker.
    I wait behind corners, and when an ennemy passes by, i start following him.
    thanks to the pump my knife is getting closer and closer to their back, till it's wet.
    thats make me smile.

also the pump help's me escaping from gunfights.
    The pump can give me this essential second i need to enter deep cloak behind the next corner.
  11. Jawarisin

Gotta do it to learn. Luckily, there's some revival technology at work, and you don't have to worry about your life at all. Trust me on that; there's a guarantee to up to 50 000 000 deaths. After that, you become a notorious incompetent.
    • Up x 1
  12. DHT#

I honestly couldn't notice the difference with adrenaline pump, and I really tried to use it. Generally if I'm a stalker cloak though, I go with flak so splash going after other people and land mines don't kill me instantly.
  13. Kalari

well im still a baby ground pounder. as it sits im only a BR 33 with a .47 K/D. was .45 a week ago so i have alot to learn maybe dueling will be one of those
  14. HlllBllly

i use a very similar loadout, except i always run NS44 commissioner.

i love the adrenalin pump both for stalker and for sniping. if i am taking dmg from my target, i am doing it wrong.
  15. Booface

I've been alternating between grenade bandolier and extra ammunition lately. But yeah, Nanoweave is the better choice for most situations for most players. Unless you find yourself regularly running out of ammo or finding use for extra grenades, it's nice to know you can take an extra bullet or two if you need to.

Especially at long range, where you're taking stray hits running from cover to cover, that extra health is pretty noticeable. Up close I'm not sure it matters much, since you're more likely to just get facerolled if someone gets the jump on you.
    • Up x 1
  16. reydelchicken

If you don't intend to fight people face to face with your loadout, such as with a sniper rifle, using ammo belt is a good idea. It'll keep you from having the resupply as often, which can be handy when you're up in a hill somewhere.
    • Up x 1
  17. Kalari

i ran that before i went with adren pump but i tend to run across plenty of engie ammo packs along my running around the rear lines
    still a good idea but i didnt need it
  18. starlinvf

Nanoweave works best in head on situations...... places where you don't want to be even as a CQC infil. Ironically someone mentioned surviving longer if they nanoweave while they were running. Aside from being dead meat anyway, that requirement could had been easily fulfilled by Nano-armor clock, which would leave your slot free for the Pump, getting the best of both worlds.

But I'm in the camp that believes that if you're going into high risk situations, never take the defensive option when the offensive option can stop all incoming DPS better. IE: rather then tank, just kill the guy faster.

Basic rules of Infiltrator class:

-If you're sniping, don't get caught. I run ammo 2 on my Sniper builds, I very regularly run out of ammo, do in fact get around 40% accuracy but 80% head shot rate, and usually have to go resupply after about 5 minutes (not counting the couple minutes spent getting into position).

If you are going CQC, kill fast then get out. Its possible to move through a small group IF you know what you're doing. The trick is to always clear them out "before" they start to return fire. Most infils don't use the cloak with the right kind of timing.... unless its Connery. Connery players are blind.

If you're a Stalker, don't get spotted. Simple as that. There was a hossin base where a Stalker was camped on the point over 10 minutes, and no one could figure out where he was. If it wasn't for me randomly looking up with darklight on, we would had never found him.

You have the ability to evade detection until the last second.... so I never understood why so few Infils understand how to leverage that.