What its like to be TR on Waterson

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kyouki, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Kyouki

• Up x 1
  2. Shanther

I don't get it.
    • Up x 2
  3. WarpNaccele

Don't try to understand them, after all it is the waterson tr.
    • Up x 1
  4. Tommyp2006

he was showing the population along the NC/VS boarder compared to NC/TR and VS/TR

Though he should have showed the other 2 continents as well.
  5. Kyouki

Waterson TR are supposed to be overpopulated which is somewhat true. NC and VS use this as an excuse to double team us at any given point whether we have the continent bonus or pop advantage or not.
    • Up x 2
  6. CaptainYamerica

Me neither. World pop was pretty even between TR and NC... typically on Indar it's pretty even between all 3. Can NC pull world pop advantage? Yep... but, they rarely do. Only either at prime time and sometimes over the weekends. Typically, pop-wise, this server is still mostly controlled by TR. Just at certain times do NC pull a magic rabbit of both population and coordination.

Meanwhile VS routinely kick both our butts, especially during alerts, with lower pop consistently.
  7. Boomotang

Yeah, he's showing how the NC and VS are hardly fighting each other, even though TR didn't even own the continent, nor did they have a continent pop advantage over NC. While I think everyone has the tendency to "see" this happening to their side, it does seem to happen pretty often against TR on Waterson.
    • Up x 3
  8. Crator

Partly to blame due to location of empire warp-gate? Seems the empire who has their warp-gate in the north on Indar owns most of the top of the map usually.
  9. CaptainYamerica

This. I noticed when VS had the North, we were fighting them on Indar WAY more than TR and it seemed like TR were rarely fighting them.

It happens. It doesn't happen on purpose, it just happens.
  10. Boomotang

Location of warp gates really has nothing to do with whether you're actually devoting half of your forces to fight both fronts, or if you're devoting practically everyone to fight one faction, even if they don't even own the continent or have a pop advantage.
    • Up x 1
  11. Crator

^ Just stating what I've seen. Reinforced by poster right above you.
  12. Boomotang

It's probably happened. But last time TR was in the North I remember fighting VS constantly just as much as NC.
  13. WarpNaccele

And right now:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Look pretty good to be Waterson TR.
  14. MorganM

What's it like to be TR on Waterson? BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING.

Hey guys lets go steam roll another facility with 3 to 1 odds and watch another timer expire! woooot! It was so much fun at the last 10 facilities I just wanna keep doing it over and over and over and over!

Any other TR guys bored? Join the VS; there's a lot more targets and loads more fun!
    • Up x 2
  15. Boomotang

I could care less what it's like at 3:30 before I get off work and before prime time happens. Most people are in the same boat. I care what it looks like when servers are at medium-high pop levels.
    • Up x 1
  16. Kyouki

This is still considered off hours. The west coast is still on lunch break.
  17. MorganM

Doesn't matter what time it is... VS is always significantly under pop yet still twice as sexy as all the other factions!

TAKE THAT PEW PEW!!!
  18. Crator

^ LOL, notice in the picture the population. The NC are on Amerish, where the alert is. The TR are taking advantage of the VERY LOW pop on the other two conts. :cool:
    • Up x 1
  19. Ghosty11

From a VS perspective as to why we prefer to fight the TR than the NC when things don't really matter:
    • Gloating about your "tactical victories" where you roll over base with 3:1 odds or better.
    • While the NC command structure may be inept, they have a higher quality average "grunt" than the TR, thus making the TR a much more profitable cert farm.
    • No faction on Waterson vehicle zergs like the TR, killing off these zergs are fun and profitable.
    • Anything red is dead.
    <3 TR
  20. Regpuppy

So, another topic where x faction shows how y or z faction has more pop with a quick look at the map at some undetermined time? Sounds about right. :p