What is Your Medic Philosophy?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheShrapnelKing, Jul 6, 2014.

1. andy_m

Lots of long posts here so all I am going to say is, I leave the shooty bits to peeps who are good at shooting. When I go "combat medic," which to me means a medic in the field, I concentrate on healing and reviving my team. I rarely use my gun, usually when it's just me on my own and I am trying to defend myself, assuming I haven't already *ahem* redeployed :D
  2. DrPapaPenguin

Sorry to say but I play medic primarily for the assault rifle, the meditool and healing cloud are just nice additions. That's not to say that I don't revive, hell I will even forgo the occasional kill to revive a bunch of chaps wearing red, but I sure as hell not throwing my life to do it. If the corpse is out in the open and there is fire - tough luck. If i'm pressed by an enemy I will take care of the people who are still alive and help them fight off, even if it means that the corpses disappear. I'm sure as hell not topping off people's HP who run past me screaming for a medic, I'll pop the cloud, if they have the sense to stay inside - good, otherwise I'm not chasing them down. And if there are other medics about I'll leave the whole thing to them, since they'll probably have a fully upgraded tool to begin with. I'll be more than happy to have their backs while they work and use the rifle. Teamwork, **** yeah! :D
  3. Littleman

Shooting first. Resurrection and healing when convenient. More specifically, when there are other eyeballs facing and shooting where the enemy is expected to come from. The AoE heal is for people screaming "I need a medic" and actually stick around to soak up the nanites. The cloud is also why technically the medic is actually the toughest sonuva***** to bring down. Really wish SoE would give me hud indicators regarding ally health for anyone in my cloud. The best I got right now are occasional EXP pop ups.

Dead medics don't heal anybody. Rushing out into gunfire to attempt to heal someone? Stupid. Just means two dead bodies more often than not. If someone's screaming for a medic and I see they're out in the cross fire, I tell them I can't get to them and they promptly rebirth at the nearest pod. No use laying down in the cross fire screaming for a medic when none can reach you.
  4. SenEvason

Depends on how I feel at the time. I love running around with the SABR; it's about the only reason I use medic. If there's not a whole lot of enemies to deal with at the moment, or if we really need to hold the line and we're losing guys really quick, I'll switch to healing and rezzing. But other than that, I play for the SABR.
  5. \m/SLAYER\m/

medic - must revive.
    medic who don't revive - is a spy!
  6. Kanil

Res everyone for the certs!
  7. m44v

I only agree partially, I hate when medics insist in reviving you when your corpse is right in the firing lane and is obvious that you will die right away, and sometimes several times. I can't trust the medic is reviving me in a "safe" situation where taking the revive is worth more than just starting from the spawn point.
  8. doombro

It's common sense that you should kill the enemies in the immediate area before you go for a revive. Throw a revive grenade if half your group is dead.
  9. Dudeman325420

The best medics know how to shift "stances" depending on the situation, when to lead the charge in crazy-kill-mode while aoe healing to keep the push going, when to start panic-reviving after the whole room got wiped by a frag (protip: Flak armor isn't just for MAXes and engineers), how to judge if you have enough time to stop pointing your weapon at the corner and revive the guy next to you, etc...

Its all in the proper balance of "Combat" vs "Medic" at the right time and place. Limiting yourself to just one or the other is seriously hampering your potential.
  10. Drumsticks617

Use common sense. If there are baddies running through the door I'll shoot them before I do my thing and revive people. You can do both combat and medic, but i tend to take fewer risks as a medic than I would other classes. i find that the grenade bandolier/revive grenade combo is typically far more useful than anything I can do with my AR, so i try to keep myself alive as much as possible.