What is this new art?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Syllabear, Jun 1, 2016.

1. ElGambo

What a bunch of sissies you are.
    • Up x 3
  2. iPervy

Personally thought they would just add the other 2 faction based artwork to go along with the NC one we've long been playing with, and kind of think that would have worked out perfectly fine if they just used those to.

Jumping in the game after the art patch I'll say I personally didn't find it offensive and thought they looked pretty darn cool. Actually liked seeing the different helmets and renderings, since it makes the game seem more modern to me (can't explain specifically why). But, after reading through the forum I am leaning towards understanding why people don't like them, since it does take away the image of the game being a large scale war to a oppressive execution which really isn't a accurate nor appealing representation of the game.

TLDR, Liked the new loading art personally, but can understand why they can be offensive, and game likely would be better off image/representation wise changing them to something else (or just putting in the old one we had but include the other two faction's artwork to instead of just the NC one). Or if its not much trouble just make all together new ones that show PS2 off as the large scale battles it is.
    • Up x 1
  3. Syllabear

I am nc and i find this ofensive
    [IMG]

At least in the other loading screen one vs dies fighting. Three nc trying to scape or surviva. Another nc having a knife fight with unkown results.
    No one of those are shamed, get it?
    • Up x 1
  4. Syllabear

I want planetside 2 to be perfect. I wouldnt criticize if i wouldnt care.
    • Up x 1
  5. Taemien

Technically he wasn't wrong:

[IMG]

But.. he acts like there's something against the CoC about it.. which there isn't.
  6. DarekSkychaser

Well, in total fairness, speaking as an NC player, the loading screen for the longest time was the NC laying waste to a bunch of TR and Vanu soldiers...
  7. DarekSkychaser

But, bearing my previous post in mind, I really don't think this represents PS2 well, and Syllabear does have a point that at least the Vanu and TR in the previous image went down fighting, which from a technical perspective is much close to what actually happens in PS2.
  8. Syllabear

Yeah, i understand what the other guy told me in the other thread: "our brain tends to remember the bad situations more than the good ones"... i even readed about it.

But here it goes other example:
    [IMG]
    (i tried to screen with all the bubbles in the map but i couldnt. Tawrich been under pressure too)
    We were flanked everywhere. For the other teams there been a few battles, but the most intense ones were against nc.
    I am fine with it, we could somehow handle it because of the good pop and good players. It was fun more than frustrating. But i think if everyone is going to go full nuts over nc, give us a "buff".
  9. Syllabear

I know i sound ****** complaining about this, but i apreciate art too.

Look this one for example
    [IMG]
    This piece is beautiful done. That "freedom" writed in the tank's cannon totally got me. That was the reason i joined nc (and i stayed for the vanguard).
    Whats the problem? That a comrade is steping on ****. Why would you ruin this marvelous piece with **** on it? There is no reason.
  10. Sh4n4yn4y

Since day 1, I have seen this happen countless times to every faction.

Hell, during the days of the Old Crown, you'd see the faction holding the Crown, and virtually nothing else.
  11. Demigan

That... Looks actually amazingly cool.
    • Up x 2
  12. Pouncey

Next time they make a new batch of loading screens, I'd really like it if they looked like battle scenes instead of prisoners being executed gruesomely.

Keep the whole thing where one side's clearly winning, just... make it seem like fighting's going on, instead of a bunch of psychopaths posing for their war crime selfies.
    • Up x 4
  13. SwornJupiter

In this day and age, everyone gets offended by bloody everything.
    It's a war-sim. Plenty of peace-sims out there if you dislike this facet of the game.
    • Up x 2
  14. Taemien

This is not a safeplace. :cool:
  15. Exitus Acta Probat

What war crimes?

It takes place on world of perpetual war where each side is trying to commit total genocide on the others.

What ******* war crimes?!?
    • Up x 1
  16. Khrin

Agreed. I am not playing a war glorifying call of duty america vs isis simulator. The pics of people on their knees with a gun being held to their head is just.. not what planetside is about.

It would be appreciated if you could check a box that says "I`m over 14 and that **** is lame" and then just have the factions logo as a loading screen.
  17. Exitus Acta Probat

They probably should of added one with just NC backstabbing and shooting each other, maybe a spawn room C-4 scene:rolleyes:

You know, to keep it real.
    • Up x 1
  18. Nintyuk

I'm NC, And Ironically I like this one the most. What kind of badass do you have to be that the TR sends 3 heavy tanks to capture you alive so you can't respawn and continue kicking ***? And knowing this, what's the point of threatening with death? He must have some kinda plan to get out of there and blow up the tanks otherwise he would of just got him self shot already.

Edit: Story time

TR Heavy: "Any Last words rebel scum?"
    NC Heavy: "Yeah, REDPASTESAYSWHAT?"
    TR Heavy: "What?"

NC Heavy then Pops overshield while ducking to the side, the TR Heavy instinctively pulls the trigger and the machine pistol fires wildly in to mostly air with a few bullets soaked up by the overshield, the bindings bust by the eruption of the thicker nanite mesh Free's the NCHA to take out his Concussion grenade from his nanite storage pouch and throw it directly to the only TR that has his gun ready on the left edge of the picture.

While all the TR are blind and confused the NC Heavy due to is High rank Clear Vision implant gets to his feet and slams the TR heavy against the Prowler pinning him to the hood and slapping a block of C4 on either side of the guys helmet.

Boom,
    Extreme Menace Kill
    Group Kill Bonus
    Prowler Kill

Suicide, Stop Killing Yourself

Would You like to auto spawn at the Rink?
  19. PinkHurtsMyEyes

I love the art-work itself. I think it's very well done. However - as someone else have pointed out - most of the pics are of executions post-Battle, where one enemy is killed for no other reason than execution. I my opninon it's kinda stale and not in spirit With gameplay. You could say it's kinda descriptive of zergs :p but thats another story.

Love the artwork, don't like the Message.
    • Up x 1
  20. Exitus Acta Probat

I'd rather have a box you have to check that says "I'm over 18 and don't get upset at a cartoon of a video game while waiting to get into said game so I can massmurder everyone just for fun"
    • Up x 1